1: My Knight in Shining Armor

My Knight in Shining Armor
8:00AM. GRAND LOUP PALACE.

"Prince Harry."

Ruthless long curls peaked out of red silk cover, hinting at the alpha's slumber. The sunlight barely diving through the material of the covers. He groaned. He sensed the maid and ultimately heard her shrilly voice. What time was it?

"It's seven o' clock my dear. Breakfast is-"

"-Served and prepped. I should go immediately to the dining hall or my father will be furious. I know Ms. Dana," the alpha croaked.

The maid bowed to excuse yourself.

"You know? You don't always have to do that. Makes me feel like shit," Prince Harry sat up, shirtless. The maid turns around and shakes her head, unaffected.

"Not my rule. Your father's." With that, she left.

A disgruntled Prince Harry sighed and turned and looked to his window. He stood and watched soldiers guard around the palace.

Geez...

Not like anyone wants to be here anyway.

He changes into suitable clothing: a button down, black pants, and loafers. Because who the fuck goes to breakfast without loafers? Everyone but the Alpha Prince.

He tied his hair in a loose bun, and sprayed some cologne on, missing areas.

He rushed to the dining hall, passing many maids and greeting them quickly before his ass slapped the chair.

Everyone one else already gathered.

"Thank you Harry for joining us." A tense voice said.

He tucked a loose curl behind his ear and made eye contact with his father. King Dez. "No problem."

King Dez sat at the end with Anne and Gemma to his left and only Harry to his right.

The grand room had high walls strewn with holiday decorations, and chandeliers more expensive than the small stores surrounding the Palace.

"Harry, we need to discuss a certain issue." Blue eyes blazed into Harry.

Harry bit into his toast, "Don't we always." His prose accent only accentuated the smart words that rolled off his lips.

The king raised his eyebrows, "Don't get smart with me, boy. But yes, we need to discuss your mating situation."

"Mating situation?"

"My health will not always be plenty, nor will my power. Thus, you will be the next King of London. Our monarchy will fail if you do not hurry and find a mate to accompany you in your journey of honor, leadership, and most importantly, dynasty."

"I don't need an omega to be king."

The queen interfered, "Yes you do honey. You need someone to have your back and honor you in case things happen or change. It's only for the best."

"I don't even wanna be king," Harry said, ruffling his hair with his ring-filled fingers.

"Too bad. As soon as you were born, you had no choice."