7. In which she's threatened.

Your heart belongs to me, so mind who you give it to because I'll collect something of theirs, too.

I read through the letter over and over again.

"What does this even mean? What the hell?" I folded it and put it under the books on my bedside table. Today, one of the kids had found the letter and was about to put it in his mouth before I took it from him.

It's about time you take this to the police, Samantha. This whole letter thing is no longer safe.

But the police may think it's just someone playing a prank on me.

Just report it so they know about it. Should anything happen to you, they know where to start looking.

The Lord Forbid anything to happen to me.

Don't let this ruin your afternoon. You still have to go to Julian's house, remember. His driver will soon be here.

My phone beeped, and I picked it up from the bed. It's a text from Julian.

-Samantha, pack a few clothes so you can spend the night with Holland. I just made her a promise that you would read her a bedtime story. You don't have to if you don't want but I will appreciate it. I'll also triple your salary-

The smile on my face turned into a blush real quick. All worries about the letter disappeared into thin air.

I jumped up from my bed. "Go Sammy. Go, Sammy!" I danced while rushing to my wardrobe.

I packed a few things I would be moving to Julian's house in case he wanted me to stay longer. The clothes I packed were not much because my house was about an hour's drive from his, and I could easily come home to get the things I needed should I forget to pack any. Also, I didn't want to send the wrong signal.

I placed my small grey box on the rug and sat on the bed. Then I started to repack my bag. Skincare, check. Lingerie, check. A cute nightgown, check.

I looked up to check the time, and it was 5:00 pm.

"Time keeps flying today," I said, closing the box hurriedly. "I need to take my bath. Don't want to go there smelling like kids cereal."

**

I had taken my bath and dressed in a simple black polo and trousers when there was a knock on the door. I looked around my room to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. My room was pretty much arranged as it always was.

I hurried to the living room to open the door.

I knew it was the driver as Julian had just texted me to tell me that he had already sent his driver to get me and that Holland was so excited she had been jumping around so much.

I was excited, too. I wanted to spend more time with her. It was the first time I was going to see her after school. Today was a Friday, so I hoped to relax and be with her.

The smile on my face disappeared when I opened the door and saw Aaron. He pushed himself into my house without waiting for permission from me.

He made me feel very uneasy.

"Beautiful, beautiful, I'm Impressed." He clapped, looking around my space. My living room was minimalist but very well decorated. My black couch was a gift from my brother so I knew it was expensive and also he helped me with the decorations and the TV. "You are not as wretched as I imagined." He added.

"Excuse me, what do you mean by that?" I asked, coming to stand in front of him.

"When the boss said he was getting a nanny, I expected to see an old woman, but then it just happens to be the sexy teacher." he gasped, facing me. He had this annoying smile on his face that I wanted to slap off. "So I guess boss finally found another fuck mate."

I bit my lips in anger, fuming. I was so tempted to hit him in the face just so that stupid smile could disappear, but I restrained myself. He was tall, with muscles that showed even in his loose-fitted grey sweatshirt, with brown eyes and dirty blonde hair

And again, my instincts were right; I knew he was trouble—the arrogant man. Everything about him disgusts me.

Who employs a mannerless, arrogant man into their household. Julian probably didn't know about this side of Aaron. I was sure he was the kind of employee who acted nice in front of their employer and rude behind him. I breathed in and out, deciding not to be tempted to react. I will not let the devil win nor stoop to his level. He was only a driver and of no importance to me. He wanted to discourage me from working as Holland's nanny, but I'll not let him succeed. Something was up with him, and I was going to find out.

His luck is over now. He doesn't know who he is dealing with. Unfortunately for him, he just got on my bad side, and I would get on his.