─13.

"ALL OF THAT IS GOING TO GO DOWN THE DRAIN

"ALL OF THAT IS GOING TO GO DOWN THE DRAIN."

Elizabeth Corbyn was never the most willing person in the room. Her head was always titled to a side, words ready to slaughter anyone with satire. And when Sebastian Cohen had asked her how—because he had made that plan with his very own discerning brain and was highly offended, she made sure that he didn't get away from saying that.

"How can it not? We haven't planned where we are going to stay. We don't know how much money is required and shit. I can't risk being in an unknown city without enough resources. Think about it—going to a city to have fun, and never returning because you're in debt to all the restaurants you've visited. Not fun."

He was the tallest amongst us, one of Coach's favorite on the basketball team. I couldn't forget the time when he used to drag me to practices, or the time when he first called me to a game of his and I had jokingly mentioned wanting to join the girls' team.

Apparently, he never knew how to take a joke, and had enrolled me despite my differing views.

"Stop being so paranoid," he had said with a small smile, "Loosen up a bit, Lizzy. I can't imagine being you."

"You never take me seriously," she had hit his head and smiled evilly at him, "And you Sebby boy, need to actually think of consequences. Remember what happened last week with your ex-girlfriend?"

Sebastian had been going out with this girl for over two months and kept forgetting her name. His typical save, as he liked to call it, was calling her terms of endearment so he never ran into trouble. But that could only last so long—because he took her to a fancy restaurant one day, met an old friend, and guessed her name wrong while trying to introduce her, receiving the slap there and then.

"That's not something I like to think about. Plus, it's out of context. Also, never call me that again."

Her and I had looked at each other first, and then given him an insane look. "We told you to ask her name first!"

Before he could give his priced opinions, Elizabeth shook her head, showing him that she had the upper hand in this conversation. "So? I reckon you check some hotels; I'll check some reasonable cafes where we can eat and hang out. It's going to be safe, and fun."

He was clearly not happy, but managed to contain the excitement in his dark eyes. "At least you are coming, right?"

She had only grinned. "What makes you think I have an option?"

Sean had booked Toyota Sienna, a minivan required for eight people, we had looked up all the best places we were going to stop by throughout the journey, and Leo and Ray had already gone grocery shopping days before. It took a while for it to dawn on me—how real and exciting the ordeal was—since it had only been a couple months knowing these guys.