Talk

I woke up with a splitting  headache.

I never want to drink ever again.

I grabbed my head as I sat up and let out a small groan.

“What the…..”

“Well…..good you're up”

“What?!”

I looked at my dad standing in the door way arms crossed and a very pissed off look.

Shit…..I was really hoping everything that happened was a dream….but by the looks of it….it  wasn't….

“Get up and come to the kitchen..”

“Now?...”

“Yes,shawn….now!”

I quickly got up and went to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth…

I had really bad beer breath…

I walked into the kitchen to see my parents sitting at the table…

“Shawn sit down..”

I 100% knew it wasn't the time to Question or say anything.

I sat down at the table next to my dad…

“Mom….I..”

“I know….I know  honey.. “

“I talked to your dad already and its okay I forgive you...we forgive you for what you said to us.”

“We are not gonna forget about you drinking that is for damn sure”

“We'll talk about that later…..honey what me and your dad want to talk to you about is the other stuff you said…..you do remember what you said don't you?!”

“Ye…..yeah”

“Pick your head up son, this is nothing you should ever feel guilty about son...now was the way you did it right? No it wasn't! But don't you ever feel guilty about saying how you feel you got that?!”

“Yeah…”

“Honey….I know its been so hard on you these past 4 years….now can I say I 100% completely understand….no I cant because I don't….but I'm your mother and I will always be here to help you, to try and heal you, to wipe your tears and comfort you when Youre in pain….I just need you to talk to me...okay...I can't do anything if I don't know….okay”

“We are gonna get through this together son, okay as a family!”

“okay…”

“Look at me son…”

“Yeah?.......”

“She was so beautiful son I know okay….inside and out…..and I know you loved her I know you did….so very much….and she loved you….I don't think there was a thing you didn't know about eachother…..I can tell you son I haven't seen young love like that in a long time….she was your soulmate I know she was…..and you want to know how I know that what you to had was real love?......”

“Hmmmm….”

“..because it always hurts the worst when you really….really love them….it sucks but thats life…..sometime it takes the things most precious to us…”

“Yeah…..it really does suck…..”

“And shawn….I know you don't want to hear this but….what do you think Genesis would do if she saw us having this conversation with you…..or what happened at the party?..”

“She'd kick my ass….”

“Haha, thats right shawn she'd kick your ass…..and?..”

“And tell me to get it together…...and do what's right…”

“Exactly, shawn she wouldn't want you to sit around and be angry at the world because of what happened or to be angry at yourself asking what you could've done different… She'd probably slap the shit outta you...because being sad and angry about the past was never Genesis….she was a keep moving forward and change the future kind of girl….you know that….if you can't do it for yourself….do it for her..”

“Yeah, youre right…...I'll….I'll...try.”

“Thats it shawn….no one said you had to change right now….right this second because that's impossible….it'll take time and patience on both sides….Rome wasn't built in a day son….but that right there….what you just said….is more progress you've made in 4 years and as your parents that all we hope for…”

“I really am sorry about what happened…”

“Its okay honey….its okay.. “

Hugging my parents was the best feeling in the world...I've hugged them before but this time it was different….I felt safe,Happy and like for once everything was gonna be okay….

But did I say my dads advice….

“Now for the hard part….”

“What?!”

“I'm gonna have to ground you for the beer”

“Yeah….I know dad, its okay”

“1 month You're gonna have to work for Rose she needs stuff done.”

“Okay….yeah….not that I have a choice but I'll do it”

“You don't and good..”