Chapter 40

TULIPS

Ms Chereen arrived early just when the lady of the house was finishing her morning ritual ceremony with the Buddhist monk.

The monk finished reciting his chants and blessing and walked away. Ms Chereen walked over to meet her in law.

"Longtime no see," she greeted.

Goth's mom looked to see who was greeting. She saw Ms Chereen and smiled warmly.

"Oh.. P'Chereen, Good morning."

"Good morning."

"Come in."

Both women entered the the sitting room of the house and sat on the sofa.

The last time lady Fah saw Chereen was early this year when the family met to observe the memorial of her late husband.

"Let me get you something to drink."

"Don't dear. I don't want to waste time. I came here because of Goth. He called me and complained about some things that happened. But I decided to hear from you."

Lady Fah looked away and blinked several times.

"Goth is my only child. I really would not want to hurt him purposely, you know."

"I know, huh. He still a baby. Give him time, please. At his age things might still be a little confusing but with time, he will stabilise."

Goth's mom breathed deeply then smiled. But she still looked worried.
"Talk to him, you know he listens to you."

Ms Chereen held the older woman's hand.
"I will. Let him breathe, okay. He will be fine. Goth has always been a good boy."

Lady Fah nodded. Her son had always been her world. He meant everything to her. She was deeply worried he might get hurt at this rate. She promised to speak with him soon.

* * *

Later that evening Choice followed Goth to his house. After listening to the conversation between Goth and his aunt, he felt it was his fault things were happening to Goth. He wanted to clear the air and clear the misunderstanding his mom had about him.

He insisted on following Goth to see his mom.

Goth saw his mom sitting in her reading table busy with her laptop in her room. She looked up when she saw him. She suddenly felt remorse when she saw the look on her son's face. She picked his phone from the table and went to meet him in the sitting room.

"Son, how are you?"

Goth was in no mood for her greetings. He just wanted to go to his room and avoid her problems.

"Mom, good evening. Meet my friend. P'..."

"Choice... Good evening mom," Choice put his hands together and bowed.

Ms Fah was taken aback when Choice called her mom.
"Oh... Bless you, Choice, right?"

"Yes."

"Goth, I prepared your favorite food, you will eat... "

"Mom. I am not hungry."
Choice was not comfortable how he spoke to his mom.

"He is not really feeling too well. We just came back from the pharmacy."

"Oh..." The woman's face was filled with shock. 

"He needs rest too."

"Goth, are you going to be okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Thank you Choice. Thank you for helping my son."

"I just want him to be fine," Choice paused. "I care about Goth too. I hope you understand and not blame him so much."

Goth stared at Choice in surprise. What is he even saying? In front of his mom.

"Oh," the woman nodded frantically. She didn't expect Choice to be so bold in expressing himself.

"I will take my leave now."

"Won't you stay for a meal?"

"No, thanks," Choice replied. He turned to look at Goth. "Make sure you eat your meals and take your drugs."

"I will, P."

Choice left the house quietly.

Goth's mom was rather speechless the whole time. For some one to care about her son showed something positive. She felt relaxed a bit. At least she can trust her son is in good hands.

"Goth why didn't you tell me you were sick?"

Goth stood up and made his way up the stairs.

"I told you I'm fine."

"Goth... "

He stopped and looked at his mom.  She handed him the phone. He collected it and muttered a word of thanks before going upstairs.

...

It was a Friday and class ended by 5pm. Normally Ice will rush home before it got dark. But lately he did not go home early anymore.

He went to the reading room and sat in his usual spot. There were few students in the room chatting around.

Aside from his class work and assignments, Ice was getting rather interested in other things.

Not Earth this time. Earth's chapter was literally closed and he was not going back to him.

He remembered Earth had wanted to say something but he did not give him a chance to speak. Ice wondered what the young man wanted to say. Whatever it was, that chapter was closed.

His person of interest for now was Tan, the local boy who caught Mark's fancy. Mark's new twink.

Like he calls his boyfriends. What was Mark's deal? Ice felt like Mark was having an affair behind his back and he hated it.

After waiting by his side for all this years, Mark decides to actually look away. Seriously he was not giving up Mark without a fight.

Who the hell was Tan? How much does he have? Can he even take care of Mark if need be?

Ice smirked. He picked up his phone and dialled a number.

"There is someone I want you to look up," Ice spoke into the speaker. "I will send you his photo. Do that and report to me in three days. Understand."

He scrolled to his gallery and sent Tan's photo to the number through his Line chat.

He smirked and tapped his fingers together. He felt like an undercover. Who else have been getting on his nerves lately.

Maybe Earth? Good idea. Let's see what the crazy son of a gun have been up to.

He picked his phone and dialled the same number.

"There is someone else I want you to investigate. I will send you his info."

To be continued...

Thanks for reading