Chapter 53

TULIPS

Backstage day of competition

"Fame showing up at the beach was totally crazy." Timon chipped.

"Shit, is he stalking Choice now?" Nick asked.

"I hope he doesn't show his ugly self in this gathering. What do you think?" Timon said looking around the backstage.

"No he can't. I bet Choice told him what he needed to hear."

"Hello boys, what are you two gossiping about?" It was Choice.

The two medical students stopped talking about Fame and turned their attention to their friend.

"Whoa.. Don't you look a little too dressed up today," Timon smiled.

"A'Choice, you look very dashing today, dude. All this for Goth... Shiiiit..." Nick added.

Choice face beamed with smiles. He looked pretty cool in his neatly ironed blue shirt and white trousers.

"Oh yeah, Tim, you forgot you were once a moon. You also dressed up during your own time, don't even make me start," Choice faced Timon.

Nick and Timon laughed.

"Now where is my lovely junior at?"

"Can you calm down, your junior is not running away. Obviously you will have the whole night to yourselves," Nick teased rubbing his palms on Choice's back.

"Your junior is fine, he is looking more handsome today, I bet you won't recognize him."

"He must be cute," Choice said.

"Of course. How can he not be, after stealing my dear friend's heart."

"I need to go see him guys,"
Choice whined. "Which room are they in?"

Both Timon and Nick pointed to the studio at the backstage where the students had gathered.

"Excuse me guys. I will be right back."

Choice left his friends and walked towards the dressing room.

The scene at the room was as expected, Chaotic. Everyone was busy. Some students were fixing their makeups and getting their hair done, some were rehearsing. While others seemed confident enough to chat with each other and calm their nerves.

Choice sighted his junior in the company of Tan. He was all smiles and was looking extra dashing in his new white shirt and black trouser. Choice waved at the group of boys and his junior saw him.

They both walked out of the room and joined Timon and Nick at the corridor.

"Ohh, ohh..." Timon gasped. "Who do we have here?"

"Hello Ps..." Goth greeted bowing his head slightly.

"N'Goth, you are looking so good, I'm going to shower you with votes tonight."

"Thanks P.."

"Can you close your mouth now, you smiling so widely," Nick told Choice.

"Yeah, you're just jealous."

"Why don't we take pictures now before the party gets chaotic?" Timon suggested.

* * *

Earth slowly walked into the dressing room. He recalled those days when the students all looked tired and grumpy because of rehearsals and he would serve them drinks and snacks. Now they were all looking like princes and princesses.

He sighted Ice taking some photos with his fans. Of course, he was really looking dashing today. He wondered if Ice saw him, but he decided to wait in a corner. Just then he felt someone grab his hand and pulled him to the closet in the studio.

"I need to talk to you."

"What do you want?" Earth asked as he yanked her hand off his wrists.

"You are that waiter guy right?" She pointed at his face.

"So?"

"I have been watching you, you are closer to Ice than normal. What is going on with you guys?"

Earth breathed out. "P'Pink, What do you think is going on?"

Pink squinted her eyes wickedly. "Don't give me that rudeness. Ice is mine. We've known each other since we were younger. I bet you are just one of those gold diggers who try to leech off his money," she spat.

Earth was stunned hearing such vile words from the star of IC. He never knew she was this harsh.

"So whatever it is you think you will achieve by sticking your ass next to Ice, is not going to happen. Wake up."

Before he could say anything she stormed out of the closet.

Earth stepped out of the closet slowly still shaken by Pink's threats. It was really rough but he had to bear the pain. He heaved a deep sigh.

"What did she tell you?"

Earth looked up to see Ice staring back at him.

"I saw Pink drag you to the closet. What did she say?"

"It's fine " Earth murmured.

Ice frowned. "No it's not. I have to warn her to stay away from you, what the hell is wrong with her?"

"It's fine, worry about the competition first."

"Pink can be crazy. Sorry if she said anything rash to you."

"It's okay, Ice."

"Are you sure it's okay."

Earth nodded.

"But your face says the opposite."

"It's fine, Ice. Just calm down," Earth held Ice shoulders warmly. "All you need to do now is concentrate. You have a competition to win. I'm fine," Earth blinked.

He adjusted the black tie on Ice neck and picked the hair strands obscuring his eyes.

"Don't go anywhere. I want to see you when I stand on stage."

"I will be there," Earth smiled. "Hey, don't squeeze your face. You will ruin your makeup. Smile."

Ice nodded. "Thank you."

"Fighting!"

Thanks for reading