| O24. REAL LIFE

"honey, there's someone that wants to talk to you."

your mother's voice came out with an unsure tone, almost a if the woman was afraid to hurt you. she knew about the drama, but never asked. she knew you would have just closed up again and just refuse to talk about it.

"who?" you questioned with a soft sigh, lowering your phone to your lap.

then, she walked in.

your blood froze with embarassment and boiled with anger. what-

"the fuck?" you exclaimed with annoyance.

"you blocked me everywhere and i needed to talk to you." millie said, her eyes fixated on her shoes with... shame?

"if i blocked you maybe i didn't want you to talk with me." you spat.

millie bit her lip and finally looked you in the eyes. "i'm sorry, y/n. i mean it. i was sad because jacob and i broke up and i was jealous because you and finn seemed to be so happy... i couldn't handle being alone while noah was happy with liza, finn was happy with you... and i was alone, because jacob fucking cheated on me."

"tough shit." y/n commented flatly, but her heart softened the tiniest bit. "i'm sorry he cheated on you. but this is not a good reason for lying to everyone. to finn. about me."

millie looked down again, her teeth nervously catching her bottom lip once more.

"i trusted you, millie." you continued. "we were friends, but apparently you didn't care. not one bit, actually."

"you're right, what i did was wrong!" millie exclaimed. her eyes were now scanning over your face, firm and genuine. "i'm not asking for you to forgive me. i'm asking you to forgive finn."

your eyes narrowed. "i did. we're friends."

"but you're cold, y/n!" she replied. "you're breaking his heart! you said it, it was my fault, i took advantage of his anxiety, i lied, i started this drama. he may not be completely innocent, but he really loves you. and it may seem like i don't, but i care about you, and i'm so fucking sorry."

you bit your lip as you felt your eyes water.

"i'll think about it, millie."