Chapter 6: Lilith

Sam and Caitlin walk into a cabin. Dean was on the couch. "Dig up anything good?" Sam asks.

Dean closes the book and shakes his head a bit, not looking up on him. "No." He clears his throat. "Nothing good."

"Bobby has." Caitlin says.

"Yeah?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. A way to find Lilith." Sam says.

"Oh. With just uh –" Dean looks at his watch. "thirty hours to go." He pauses and then smiles. "Hey, why don't we just make a TJ-run, yeah? You know... some senoritas, cervezas, uh, we could... What's Spanish for "donkey show"?"

"Yeah, uh, no thanks." Caitlin says. Sam nods in agreement.

"Yeah..." Dean looks down on the books as Sam and Caitlin sit down next to him. "Hey, Dean." Sam sighs. "Look, we're cutting it close, I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes, Dean. You're not gonna go to hell. I'm not gonna let you." Dean looks over at him. "I swear. Everything's gonna be okay. "

Dean’s facial expression changes as he looks at Sam. He suddenly looks very scared. He shakes his head and then nods. "Yeah, okay."

Later the 4 are surrounding a table a map of the United States on it. Bobby places an old tracking device over it. The device has three wooden "legs" coming out from a glass or crystal ball at the top. The ball has a flat, metal piece going around it with symbols on it. Further down the legs there's another metal piece, only bigger. From the ball hangs pendulum device that is sharp on the end so that it can pinpoint a specific place. "So you need a name, that's the whole kit and caboodle. With the right name, right ritual, ain't nothing you can't suss out." Bobby explains.

"Like the town Lilith's in?" Sam asks.

"Kid, when I get done, we'll know the street." Bobby says.  He begins the ritual, starts the swing for the pendulum and then chants in Latin. As Dean, Sam, and Caitlin watch, the pendulum begins to search over the map until it suddenly stops. "New Harmony, Indiana." Dean looks up at him from the map. "And we have a winner."

"Alright." Sam pushes the pendulum away and looks at Bobby. "Let's go."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on. Let's all shut up there, Tex."

"What's the problem?"

"We don't have a way to kill Lilith. And Sammy, your head is kind of wanted on a stick." Caitlin says. Dean nods in agreement.

"Ain't you just bringing down the room." Bobby says. Caitlin shrugs.

"Yeah, well, it's a gift." Dean says.

"I'm sorry, so then what are we supposed to do, Dean?" Sam asks.

"Just 'cause I gotta die doesn't mean you have to, okay. Either we go in smart or we don't go in at all."

"Okay, fine. If that's the case I have the answer."

"Really?" Caitlin asks.

'Yeah. A sure-fire way to confirm it's Lilith and a way to get us a bona fide demon-killing ginsu."

"Damn it, Sam, no." Dean turns his back to Sam and walks a few steps. 

"We're so past arguing. Dean, I am summoning Ruby."

Dean turns around, facing him. "The hell you are! We have enough problems as it is."

"Exactly." Sam walks up to him. "And we've got no time and no choice either."

"Come on man, she is the Miss Universe of lying skanks, okay. She told you that she could save me, huh – lie. She seems to know everything about Lilith but forgot to mention, oh right – Lilith owns my soul!"