FIN

originally posted 08/22/18

Pairing: mermaid!Tom x siren!Reader

Summary: you're living your life, which includes the emerald tail

Word Count: 1.5K+

"Do sirens even like seaweed?"

Tom was currently trying to make a salad to take to the siren cave, while under the watchful eye of Sam, as he used a sharp, jagged-edge rock to cut up the ingredients.

"They do now. Or at least, they're learning to like them," you laughed.

"They might wanna change their minds, if Tom's making it," Sam joked, watching his older brother nervously try to prepare the dish.

Tom glared at his brother, while throwing the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. You put your hand on hand shoulder, squeezing gently. "Aw, don't worry, Tom. They'll love it," you soothed. His expression softened upon hearing your words. He turned to look at you, leaning in to place a small kiss on your lips.

"Alright, uh, I think I'm no longer needed here," Sam commented while watching your affectionate exchange. "See you later, Y/N!"

You returned the parting shyly, still getting used to displaying affection in front of Tom's family and friends. You turned back to Tom, beginning to pull away from him.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah," he nodded, but pulled you back into him with an arm around your waist. "But just one more..."

He leaned in to capture your lips again, his other hand cupping your cheek. "Can't we just...stay here?" He spoke against your lips.

You smiled into the kiss but pressed your hands into his chest to push him away slightly to see a pout on his face.

"Aw, you know I think you're very cute," you indulged in his persistence to stay inside the Reef with him. "But I told them we'd come. It's going to be great, okay, prince pouty?" you reassured while pinching his cheeks.

He quirked an eyebrow at your nickname. "Who's pouty? I'm not pouting," he replied, acting like he didn't know what he was trying to do.

You playfully scoffed at his feigned innocence, beginning to turn and leave him. "Alright, well you don't have to go, but you're not gonna get the jumbo coral bits I told Phoebe to make for you..." you trailed off, knowing that he couldn't resist his favorite food.

"Wha–you never mentioned that, love!" He called, catching up with you. He carried the bowl of food with him, following you out of the Reef.

"Well, it was supposed to be a surprise," you admitted, glancing over at him.

"Aw, you know me so well, darling," he cooed, putting his arm around your shoulders to snuggle up close to you while you continued to swim.

"I love you, too," you replied, placing your head on top of his.

You swam down into the darker depths of the sea, where the cave entrance was located. You held onto Tom's hand, rubbing the back of it soothingly, as this was the first time he would use the front entrance. You swam right in, looking around to find the other sirens.

You found them all in the common room, just talking amongst each other. You floated in the entrance, with Tom peeking through behind you.

"Hey, everyone!" You greeted warmly. "We're here and Tom brought you something!" You waded aside so they could see him fully. He smiled charmingly at the group, putting up a hand to give them a wave.