Chapter 5: Unbeknownst

Jacion

"I said i was sorry. Just forgive me already."

"No."

"Kam stop walking away from me." i said.

"Leave me alone and let me be mad at you." she said and i chuckled. Trapping her against the railing, i bit my lips and looked down at her.

"I'm sorry. I thought i was done but my boss gave me more work to do so i should have at least call you. I apologize baby."

"Apology accepted." she folded her arms with a pout.

"So what's that for? Why the pout?"

"I missed you today. I've been with the kids all day and I'm tired babe. I cooked, i cleaned, i did some work. I'm really exhausted." she spoke with tears running down her face.

"You on your period or something?" i ask and she nodded. "I'm sorry babe." i pulled her in a hug before kissing her forehead. "You want a massage?"

"Mhm." she hugged me and laid her head on my chest.

"What you cook?"

"Your favorite."

"Damn." i let her go before rushing down the stairs and into the kitchen, hearing her laughing.

Taking my dinner from the microwave, she made barbecue ribs with rice, sweet pea and cornbread.

After i reheated it, i sat at the table and she poured me a glass of wine before sitting across from me.

"You ate?"

"Mhm." she smiled and rest her head in her hands.

"Come here." i told her. Once she got up, i pulled her in my lap and continued eating.

"How was your day?" she ask me.

"Long. I missed my babies."

"We missed you too."

"How was your day?" i ask.

"Okay i guess."

"Wasn't exciting like all the other days?"

"No." she frowned.

"Why?"

"It was weird. So after i drop the kids at school right? There was this person following me. First i thought that they were going the same place as i was but when they start to chase me, i was really scared. I tried to call you but i couldn't reach for the phone in time."

"Did you get a look at who it was?" i sat my fork down.

"A little bit. I couldn't see the person's face but they were wearing a suit with blue rags or something."

"Blue rags?" i looked to the side in thought.

"Yeah. They were chasing me for like 5 minutes until i had to slow down and when i saw some police writing a man's ticket, i parked behind them for a while."

"What did the person do?"

"Pass me. They didn't stop or anything."

"I'm sorry babe."

"Do you know these people?"

"Not really. Tell you what. How about i clean up and meet you in bed. I know you had a long day."

"Okay." she smiled and pecked my lips.

Getting up, she made her way upstairs and i went into the kitchen to clean up. When i was done, i checked the back door to ensure it was closed before going to the front and checking that as well. Peeking through the window, my eyes scanned the surroundings keenly, looking for small movements.