Guardian Angel - Simdil90

After starting this oneshot in the middle of last year (or maybe two I'm not sure) I finally finished this xD

So yeah

Warning: Slight Character Death

Enjoy

----------------

"Simon! I'm back!" Bodil happily called out as he let himself in the house, wings quickly folded themselves against his back. Walking to the kitchen, Bodil placed the small bag on the counter before noticing that he didn't received an answer. Getting worried for a moment, Bodil quickly headed towards the bedroom and took a peak inside before letting out a sigh of relief, seeing his friend asleep on the bed and was glad for it.

Simon was born with a defect that caused his wings to be smaller and weaker than an average angel and a weak grace that doesn't let him absorb enough grace to keep him healthy, constantly leaving him sick. With the defects working against him, most adults believed that Simon wouldn't make it to his early teens. But ever since Bodil met the small angel, he didn't give up on Simon and had done everything to help from keeping him well fed to buying some medicine for his sickness and even giving Simon some of his own grace, since Bodil was very hyperactive, it caused him to have more grace than needed.

Even though Simon didn't want to bother Bodil with his problems, Bodil had told him over and over that he didn't mind helping out.

After seeing him asleep, Bodil quietly closed the door and headed back to the kitchen to cook something healthy for Simon.

Xxxxx

The first thing he noticed when he was slowly waking up was the smell of soup and a second later, he felt the familiar grace. 'He's already here' he thought as he was rubbing his eyes and slowly sitting up.

"Wake up sleepy head" he heard Bodil said and felt the bed sink a bit. "Mm....when did you -yawns- get here?" Simon tiredly asked before looking at the older angel. "Just ten minutes ago" Bodil answered as he placed the warm bowl in Simon's hands, which the smaller angel could smell the medical herbs in the soup and let out a small smile. "Careful, it's still hot" Bodil told him before turning away to grab a mug of hot chocolate.

CRASH

Bodil quickly looked back, alarmed and saw Simon staring at his own hands, which was trembling a bit and the bowl of soup was on the ground.

After a few seconds of staring, Simon turned to Bodil with an apologetic smile, "S-Sorry for dropping the bowl, I couldn't keep a good grip" he said with a small laugh though it didn't cheer Bodil up but still gave Simon a forced smile. "It's okay Simon, I'll clean it up" the older angel said before quickly cleaning up the mess.

After quickly cleaning up the mess and making another soup, Bodil made sure to feed Simon instead of giving the bowl, even though Simon slightly complained.

"Come on, try" Bodil slightly begged as he had his wings pressed against Simon's wings, trying to get him to absorb some of his grace.

"I-I'm trying" Simon weakly said as he was absorbing the grace at the painfully slow pace, making Bodil worried.

After absorbing at least half of what he was used to absorb, Simon had passed out, too weak to stay awake. "Mm..." Bodil simply held Simon close and tried to push his own grace into Simon, but quickly stopped when he heard the small angel let out a small pained groan and sigh. 'He'll get through this' Bodil thought as he carefully tucked Simon into bed and placed a loving kiss on the other's forehead.

"I'll come back tomorrow" Bodily said in a low voice before walking out.

Xxxxxx

It was very late in the night as Simon painfully woke up from his slumber due to the intense pain in his chest and head causing him to let out a whimper of pain.