Chapter 2

"What is there to think, Payal? I am clearly not going to participate with that cheapster." Khushi said while walking out of the class.

"But Khushi this is not about you and Arnav, its about our college. You have to just dance with him and nothing else." Payal argued.

"Payal, if you care so much about the college, then you yourself can go and dance with him okay? But please don't compel me to do it." She answered a bit rudely.

"I was not compelling. Never mind I am hungry so can we just eat something and your mood will also get better." Payal tried to calm her down.

They were walking past the stairs when Khushi heard Arnav and his friends talking about something. She stood there and tried to listen them.

"Arnav, whatever you are doing is completely wrong." Lavanya said.

Aakash agreed "I agree with Lavanya. You can't just do this simply because of some stupid b..."

"Hey hey calm down guys. Who told you that I am actually going to take part with her?" He said raising his eyebrows.

"What?? Then why did you..."

"Because I wanted to show the whole class that Khushi cannot match Arnav Singh Raizada in this." He answered.

"So you actually wanted to let down her?" Aakash asked unbelievably.

"Yeah kind of. She will obviously not dance with me and as I was the one to offer her everyone will surely think that she cannot match me and cannot dance with me. This time Arnav wins and Khushi loses, and that too because of her. Her ego will not let her dance with me and this will let her down as a coward middle class girl. So technically I am not at fault, you see." He explained and shrugged his shoulders not caring about anything.

"Oh my God Arnav you are such an ass." Lavanya said in anger.

"Thanks baby." He said with a wink. "Now come on, I am hungry. My brain has worked too much today." He added dramatically.

And they all went from there leaving a fuming, teary eyed Khushi behind.

"You are over now Arnav Singh Raizada. Just wait and watch." She said gritting her teeth.

*In the class*

"So what have you decided, Khushi?" Professor Khanna asked.

"Sir, I think I would have to choose a new partner because Khushi doesn't seem to agree." Arnav interrupted and looked at Khushi.

"Sir, I don't think anyone has the right to speak on behalf of me so they can shut their mouth." Khushi snapped.

"I am happy that she'll deny this. At least she is away from all this bet shit." Lavanya whispered sitting besides Arnav.

"Just wait and watch Lavanya Kashyap." Arnav folded his hands and looked at Khushi with a smirk.

Khushi felt as if her whole body is on fire because of the anger bubbling up in her. She just wanted to strangle him, but she calmed herself down and decided to give Arnav a shock.

"And coming to your question Sir, I am willing to participate in the competition.with.Arnav" Khushi stretched the last two words.

Lavanya, NK and Aakash gasped at her whereas Arnav faked a shock in front of Khushi.

Payal stared at Khushi for a minute and she knew why Khushi agreed to this. Once someone tells Khushi that she can't do XYZ thing she'll go out of the way to do it and prove herself.

"Great Khushi, you both can start your practice from tomorrow." Professor said happily.

Khushi smirked seeing Arnav's shocked face. All her anger calmed seeing their shocked and dull faces. Their egos needed to be crushed and so she did.

The bell rang and Professor left the class. Everyone left one by one and lastly Khushi passed by Arnav.

She took a step back and faced Arnav with a 'I can kill you right now' look.

"Get ready for the practice, Arnav Singh Raizada. I hope you haven't changed your mind." She said.

"Arnav Singh Raizada never backs out from his words Miss Gupta. Sure, this practice will be fun" He said and left the class with his friends.

"Arnav, your whole plan backfired and you don't even seem to be a little angry." Lavanya said all confused.

"Yes exactly. And why did Khushi change her mind? I dont know whats going on in their minds." Aakash ran his hands through hus hair.

"Because, she listened the conversation we had before the break near the staircase." Arnav said with his patent smirk.

"Whattttt?!!? You knew she was listening? Then why did you tell you real intentions?" Lavanya almost shouted.

"They weren't my real intentions Lavanya. I wanted her to participate with me." Arnav cleared.

Lavanya and Aakash stared at him with raised eyebrows.

"Look, I knew Khushi won't agree to participate with me unless her ego is hurt or she is challenged. So I did both. I wanted her to participate with me to win the bet and thats why I planned that conversation. As expected she heard it and it did hurt her ego to a very great extent that she didn't even think before saying yes." Arnav explained.

"Arnav you are such a mastermind monster." Aakash said after recovering from the shock that Arnav gave right now.

"And thats why you didn't let the topic of bet come out even once. You you..." Lavanya said as realization hit her.

"She has the same level of ego as I have and therefore I know what will hurt it and how will she react." Arnav said with pride.

"But still you do realize that this is wrong, right?" Lavanya asked.

"Look Lavanya I wasn't the one to initiate it and neither I have a personal grudge against her. I know my limits well and I'll handle this don't worry. I won't demean or use her ok?" He spoke softly helding her shoulder.

"I know that Arnav but still I don't have a very good feeling about this." Lavanya said worryingly.

"Shh now don't worry too much.. Come lets have dinner together today and its on me. Ab toh hass de moti." He said teasingly.

"Haww Arnav how dare you... you just wait I am not gonna leave you now." She ran behind him and Arnav teased her even more.

"I just hope Arnav doesn't end up doing something which cannot be mended." A silent prayer left Aakash's mouth.

So here is another chapter. I know they are a little short I am really sorry for that but from next update I'll try to write a lengthy one. Please like and comment down your views.

Thank you for reading and Happy Makarsakranti ❤