Chapter 5

Please read the note at the end of the chapter..

"What are you thinking, Arvindji?" Ratna held Arvind's shoulder from behind, who was lost in his thoughts looking out of the window.

He jerked as Ratna's voice pulled him out of trance and turned around.

"That girl reminded of Garima so much, Ratna. Lately I have realized I have become so selfish that I didn't even check on her that where is she and how is she doing." Arvind said in a remorseful tone.

"Even I miss Garima. I hope she is fine wherever she is and her husband treats her good. Don't be sad Arvindji we cannot do anything in this matter." She said consoling him.

"I know but I think I should find out where she is. After so many years may be she would like to meet us." He said

"You are right but what if the same thing happens again?" She said worryingly when all the past events came in front of his eyes.

"I don't know, I just want to be sure that she is fine thats it." Arvind assured her that it'll be fine.

"This girl Khushi, I don't know there is so much mystery and sadness in her eyes which she tries hard to cover." Ratna said confusingly.

"And Lavanya told she felt unconscious while walking on the highway." She added

"At this time? That is strange. She seems to be a nice girl though." Arvind said.

"I hope everything's fine with her." She said.

"Hmm. We should sleep now its really late." Arvind said and they went to sleep.

"DIDI. WHERE WERE YOU?" Meera screamed and ran to hug her when Khushi had barely entered the house.

"I am fine Meera dont worry." She rubbed her back and calmed her down.

"I was so worried.. I thou...I thought y.. you.. something.." and Meera started crying loudly hugging her more tightly.

Khushi couldn't stop herself from crying too but assured her that she is safe and sound.

"Enough Meera, no more tears now." She said whilst wiping of her tears.

Payal hugged her too and scolded her for being so careless about herself. She understood what Khushi must have gone through after hearing that but she should not just live like this.. in this constant fear. She tried to explain her and make her understand all this but Khushi never budged. She has become this stubborn girl who pretends to be strong but she is not. Who is gonna tell her that she cannot pretend for the rest of her life? That she has to vent out all her fears and let go? And again the 'who' remains the real question.

The trio sat on the sofa and Meera gave Khushi some juice because she was still very weak. Soon Khushi sent her to bed after assuring her 100 times that she was fine. Khushi and Payal went to her bedroom and did normal chit chat.

"Khushi, was Aakash also with you?" Payal asked.

"Yes he was. Why?" She asked frowning at the sudden question.

"Naah just like that. I was calling him and he didn't answer so.." She said casually.

"May be the phone was on silent mode. Dont think too much Payal." She said understanding what her best friend's mind would be thinking.

"Yeah its okay I dont care I was just worried about you thats all." She said shrugging it off.

"Yes Payal don't think too much about it." Khushi hugged her.