familiar hatred | joy and doyoung

Prompt: both joy and doyoung are members of the student council. but they're always... always arguing.
Word Count: 1753

°~~°~~°~~°~~°~~°

"yah sooyoung-ah! you're late again?" a loud voice coming from the room at the far end of the hall echoed through the walls. breaking the silence and stillness of the early morning.

park sooyoung, the girl that the owner of the loud voice was talking about cannot help but sigh upon the latter's shouting.

she was standing in front of the student council room when kim doyoung, the president, welcomed her with that upsetting remark. seeing how all the council members were already there, sooyoung mumbled endless apologies to them while bowing at 90 degrees.

but doyoung who was in front didn't bother acknowledging sooyoung's apologies. he just watched her go to her seat with prying eyes, which is on his right (since sooyoung is the council vice president) and did not mind her after.

it has been no more than a few minutes after 6:30 in the morning when sooyoung arrived at the school so she cannot understand why doyoung is being that way. their meeting was scheduled to begin at 6:30 sharp and sooyoung wasn't that late at all.

plus, can't he see that it's still a little early for him to shout that way? and can't he talk to her in person? instead of shaming her in front of other student council members?

"you're not setting a good example for students this way. you're always late during our meetings, and in some events, you were also absent. i cannot allow for this to continue." when she thought that it was all done, doyoung continued on scolding her.

the faces of her co-student council members show were painted with pity. they know that sooyoung didn't do anything wrong except for being late. they know how she exerts the same effort as them on every task that she was given and that doyoung was exaggerating when he said that sooyoung was slacking all the time.

but doyoung cannot and doesn't see that. he only sees how sooyoung was always late. disregarding the successful projects that sooyoung has worked on ever since she became a part of the student council.

more ashamed that she was earlier, sooyoung is mentally cursing and calling doyoung an 'asshole' in her mind.

the other members tried reverting doyoung's focus on sooyoung. they asked him about the meeting and its agendum.

"doyoung, how about we start talking about the meeting now?" uttered jungwoo, a junior and is also the secretary of the student council.

as soon as doyoung started focusing on the meeting, sooyoung's heart felt at ease. but it doesn't change the fact that she was humiliated by doyoung in front of many people.

the student council members may be her friends but it doesn't change the fact that doyoung is always strict to her and her only.

seeing how easily doyoung talks to the other members like seulgi, and wendy makes her wonder about that thing that made her become the center of doyoung's constant irritation.

***

a few days after that dreadful early morning meeting, sooyoung and doyoung's path came across again when they bumped each other at the cafeteria.

"oh my gosh i'm sorry!!" sooyoung repeatedly told the person whom she bumped into. little did she know that it was the bane of her existence and her mortal enemy.

as soon as their gazes have locked, sooyoung hands started trembling in an immense intensity. she's really nervous because there's a very high chance that the latter will do something to get equal with her.