if only | joy and jackson

Prompt: jackson is joy's best friend and he secretly likes her

°~~°~~°~~°~~°~~°

at the age of eleven, jackson have met this girl. this girl's family have just moved to the neighborhood around that time.

she is this bubbly, playful, and energetic girl. with a smile that's always plastered on her face, and a pair of brown eyes that were round and big like those of the dolls'.

unbeknownst to her, this girl have this magical ability that surprised everyone— the ability to make people around her smile with everything she does. even with the smallest things.

her laughter can make people feel at ease. the mere sound of her voice can bring comfort to the hearts that waver. and her smile— that smile was like a million dollar worth— it hypnotizes people, hypnotizes them with the sparkle in it.

it wasn't that people get bewitched by the latter's smile, but there's just something about it that makes you wanna smile too. it's like a happy virus. spreading from one person to another.

and through these things was how she got him. through these, she has entrapped young jackson's heart. and it has been with her ever since then.

***

it was around april or may of that year. a truck was seen stopping in front of the house opposite of the wang's household— the said house have been empty for almost a year now after the last family who stayed there moved to another city.

the sudden reappearance of a rental truck after a long year was such a big news. spreading like wildfire on a dry and scorching hot day around the neighboring houses. that day, people were just as equally curious as the cat who got its tail axed in knowing anything about the family who had just moved it.

after the movers have unloaded the things on the front lawn, men and women gathered around near the newly occupied house. whispering, and murmuring with each other. making stories and assumptions from their mouths that are filled with nonsense tittle-tattles.

a few minutes later, a silver suv pulled in the at the side walk. making the curious neighbors move away to provide some space for the vehicle.

there goes out a young girl. with her long black straight hair glistening like the sea during sunset as the rays of the afternoon sun hit it. and her face looking like a fine china due to its evident smoothness and whiteness with some hint of flushing on her cheeks. she was wearing this red and white polka dot dress that goes up to her knees which made her look a lot more like a porcelain doll than a normal suburban girl.

if she wasn't moving, you might have mistaken her for a museum display with her features. with those doll like eyes, reddening cheeks, and plump lips, it's impossible not to rethink if she was— indeed for real.

***

jackson wang— the youngest child of the wang family, was just sitting on their porch and doing the usual things that he does. he had been there for a good ten minutes that time. watching and looking at the passersby going to and fro. counting the seconds that passed as he watched all of them.

it fascinated him, the way that people look while they're walking. you can see tons of different people with different appearances having different ways of showing different emotions.