8 | i do not know • ii

"Sorry, guys, dessert is taking longer than I thought. I usually just unwrap food," Jenna said, pouring coffee for Adelia and John when Elijah and Andie walked in.

"Would you like some help?" Adelia offered, putting down her cup.

"No no, I'll be back in a minute," the strawberry blonde woman stopped her.

"So... I know this is a social thing, but I... I would really love to ask you some more questions about the work that you're doing here," hesitated Andie.

"I'd love to answer," smiled Elijah.

"Make sure to ask the difficult ones, they happen to amuse our historian," Adelia chuckled, sharing a look with her husband.

"Great, that's so great," Andie perked up as Damon and Alaric entered the room. The former sat down glaring across the table at John. "Ric, would you do me a favour and grab the notebook out of my bag?" she requested and Alaric walked over to her bag.

"Elijah, did John tell you he's Elena's uncle-slash-father?" Damon quipped.

"Yes, I'm well aware of that."

"Of course, she hates him, so there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list," the Salvatore looked at him.

"You're the one to say. Family is sacred. Mr. Gilbert is here for his daughter and that is enough of a reason to grant him a spot on that list," Adelia grinned as Damon's mood visibly diminished and added, "above yours ironically."

"No Ric, it's in the front pocket. On the... you know what? Excuse me, guys. Sorry," Andie hollered and got up to help Alaric find her notebook.

"What I'd like to know, Elijah, is how do you intend on killing Klaus?" John asked.

"Killing Klaus? We were not aware of that aspect," Adelia's raised an eyebrow. "We're saving your daughter, killing him is not our intention. Neither Elijah nor myself harbor any desire to get on his bad side when he's been known to hold a grudge for centuries."

"Gentlemen, there's a few things we should probably get clear right now. I allow you to live solely to keep an eye on Elena. I allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy. If you become a liability, I'll take her away from you and you'll never see her again," Elijah informed them.

Adelia's phone beeped with an unknown message and she opened it, only for a frown to appear on her face.

From: unknown

I hope you still prefer diamonds.

Andie came back with her notebook and sat down while the witch contemplated the identity of the sender.

"Okay. My first question is when you got here to Mystic..." the reporter started when a glint of the hunter's reflection appeared over her phone screen, threateningly close to Elijah and the Laurentis heir immediately acted.

Adelia instantly caught Alaric's hand mid-air before getting up to dislocate his limb with a jolt, crushing his wrist with a snap and threw him on the floor without a care.

All attention turned to them and everyone at the table got up in shock at such actions happening so rapidly. Seeing a dagger in Alaric's possession, she stepped over his palm, digging the pointed heel into his knuckles as it broke with a resounding snap, making the hunter shout in pain.

Damon rushed at her and Elijah slammed his head on the table, holding it there before he compelled Andie to forget and leave. John retook his seat with a gulp when Jenna entered hearing the ruckus but dropped over the floor, being put to sleep by the witch.