14 | lover, do not go

____________________

My soul's an open furnace for your flame
Yet you leave it darkened, O the shame
Of being abandoned. Lover, do not go
Leave the moon of my night still aglow
Your leaving is the drought, my lips are dry
The only moisture, wells up in my eye.

- Rumi, Do Not Go

__________•__________

"I do not know why Adelia even had to marry you?" Rafael said over the phone, making the noble Original pinch his forehead in frustration. "You must have done some voodoo stuff. Probably seduced one of many you were bedding then to do it."

"Is there anything new you wish to tell me?" Elijah asked, exasperatedly.

"I met this hot French girl in the bar last night and let me tell yo-"

"I am definitely not interested in your love affairs, Rafael," he interrupted the young vampire and watched his wife go about the kitchen making a treacle tart for Klaus.

"Coming to the point, you sent Lia to your fastidious cohort gala. I don't know which is worse, you being their penultimate sire or them trying to recruit serial killers?"

"Your evaluation brings me comfort," Elijah said, rolling his eyes as he looked out the glass panes.

"Set the date. We shall vanquish the evil from the planet. Kill the killers before your copycat kills them with his blood in their system. Your sireline is terrifically cursed anyway," Rafael laughed and the Original exhaled.

"You would've almost come into mine," the thousand-year-old vampire quipped.

"Cheers to my irrefutable good luck. God bless me."

"Even the god would take offense to that statement."

"Pfft, Adelia prays for me," the friend hummed into the phone.

"About the witche-" Elijah started.

"You have already guessed the answer," Rafael's voice suddenly sounded morose, "Don't tell her."

"I won't," the Original said and turned his attention to his wife who had just put the oven to preheat. "We will talk later."

"Tell Lia to wear blue," Rafael laughed before hanging up.

Elijah shook his head and kept his phone over the table to walk towards Adelia. Nudging her to the side, he took the spatula from her to stir the syrup as she started working on the upper crust.

"Rafael has expressed his wish that you wear green," Elijah informed Adelia with a hidden smirk.

"Then I must wear green," the witch hummed while cutting thin strips of the dough. "Niklaus will love the tart. It's his favourite."