⊱🥀༄ ¹

I'd never given much thought to how I would die but dying In the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go. So I can't bring myself to regret the decision to leave home; I would miss Phoenix, I'd miss the heat, I would miss my loving, erratic hair brained mother and her new Husband.

" Guys, come on. I love you both. We got a plane to catch. "

But they want to go on the road, so I'm gonna spend some time with my dad; and this will be a good thing, I think.

In the state of Washington, under a near constant cover of clouds and rain, there's a small town named forks. Population, three thousand one hundred and twenty people; This Is where I'm moving. My dad's charlie, he's the chief of police.

" Your hairs longer. "

It had taken me a moment to reply, my gaze shifting to my father as I hummed softly; playing with the ends of my hair.

" I cut It since that time I saw you. "

I corrected and the look on his face made things a bit more awkward then they already were.

" Oh, guess It grew out again. "

I used to spend two weeks here almost every summer but It's been years. The house way as I remember It to be and once I had gotten out of the cap car I gazed upon the old framing In remembrance before going to help Charlie gather up my luggage from the trunk.

" I've cleared some shelves off In the bathroom. "

The trip up the stairs was a bit cramped and my gaze flicked to the only bathroom within the house.

" Right. One bathroom. "

I stated while walking Into my old room and taking In all the old memorabilia from when I was younger; the only thing really having changed was that there was a brand-new bed.

" It's a pretty good work lamp. The sales lady picked out the bed, you like green , right? "

" Greens cool. Thanks. "

We stood their momentarily, looking around a bit awkwardly before charlie finally exhaled and left the room with a simple ' okay '.  It was different being here with him but one of the bests things about charlie was that he doesn't hover.

With a small sigh I sat upon my new bed, I placed down the small cactus that reminded me home and stood back up to begin unpacking my things though a honking noise had caught my attention and I walked over to the window to see my dad speaking with two men I hadn't remembered or maybe haven't even seen before.

" Heard you guys coming from all that was down the road, good to see you. "

I faintly heard charlies voice while I made my outside; my curiosity getting the better of me as I walked up to the two new faces.

" Hoseok, you remember Billy black? "

My dad asked with a smile, motioning to the older gentleman and I smiled even though the memory of this person was very vague.

" Yeah, wow you're looking good. "

" Well, I'm still dancing but I'm glad you're finally here. Charlie here hasn't shut up about it since you told him you were coming. "

" All right, keep exaggerating. I'll roll you into the mud. "

I laughed then, It was nice seeing Charlie getting along well.

" Or I'll ram you In the ankle. "

" You wanna go? "

" Yeah, bring It ! "

I watched as Charlie and Billy moved away and began play fighting though the voice of the other boy had caught my attention when he began to Introduce himself.

" Hi, I'm Jimin. "

" Hey. "

I answered back a bit awkwardly, trying to get my brain to remember the male In front of me but like Billy the memory was very vague.

" We used to make mud pies when we were little. "

" Right, no, I remember. "

I'm sure It was kind of clear that I didn't and maybe that's why Jimin laughed a bit and just smiled.

" Are they, always like this? "

" It's getting worse with old age. "

" Ah, good. "

Having a small laugh I noticed Charlie and Billy were now walking back over to us and I turned my attention towards Charlie, giving him a slightly curious look.

" So, what do you think? "

He asked while patting the end of the orange truck that sat next to us; I eyed the truck curiously because honestly I didn't quite understand what he was talking about.

" Of what? "

" Your home coming present. "

Charlie stated and Immediately my eyes widened.

" This? "

" I just bought It off Billy here. "

Charlie smiled then as he looked towards Billy.

" Yup "

The older gentleman agreed while Jimin pointed to the truck and gave me an excited smile.

" I totally rebuilt the engine. "

He explained and I was complete disbelief.

" Come on. Oh, gosh. You can't be serious. This Is perfect. are you joking me? "

The excitement In my voice was definitely mistakable as I turned towards the truck and opened the door hastily to get inside but In doing so I kind of hit Jimin In the arm with the door when the younger male had went to move around the truck.

" Sorry. "

I gave a quick apology and settled myself Inside the truck.

" I told you hed love It, I'm down with the kids. "

" Oh, yeah, dude. You're the bomb. "

" Okay. "

Jimin began with a small exhale as he settled himself next to me.

" Listen, you gotta double-pump the clutch when you shift but besides that you should be good. "

" And that's this one? "

I asked while trying out what he had told me and Jimin nodded while watching me.

" Yeah. Yeah, right there. "

" Alright. "

I beamed with happiness when I got it right and then suddenly I turned to Jimin when I had gotten an Idea.

" Do you want to ride to school with me? "

I asked hoping that'd he say yes but Jimin just gave me a somewhat awkward look and that told me right away that his answer was probably no.

" I go to school on the reservation. "

Yup there It was.

" Right, right. "

" Yeah..."

" That's too bad, It would've nice to at least know one person. "