⊱🥀༄ ²

My first day at a new school; It's March, the middle of the semester. Great.

Everyone was staring at me as I got down from my truck, I was used to being an outcast so It didn't bother me, too much.

" Nice ride. "

It sounded un-genuine but his face didn't hold any Ill will so non the less I half smiled towards the boy who gave me the ' compliment '.

" Thanks. "

Reading over my schedule, I stood within the hallway; people who passed me gave odd looks but I paid them little to no mind, maybe I looked lost because I was greeted by a stranger.

" You're Jung Hoseok right, the new boy. Hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. "

I stared blankly, Unsure of what to say and a little taken aback that this random stranger- Eric, knew my name but then again this wasn't a very big town.

" Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on? "

whoa, okay then.

" Ah, I'm really kind of the more, suffer In silence type. "

I could tell my words made him a bit awkward because he stood silent for a brief moment but someone he managed to turn everything around.

" Great headline for the feature. "

He exclaimed brightly and I pursed my lips together.

" I'm on the paper, and you're new baby, front page. "

Wait, what?

" No, I'm not. Y-you- please don't have any sort of..."

" Whoa, whoa chillax. No feature. "

He looked taken aback by my expression and attitude towards the whole feature thing but all In all I was extremely glad that he decided against it.

" Okay, thanks. "

" Cool? "

_______________

Before I knew It P.E rolled around; we were playing basketball and I was only ' deer In headlights ' I had no idea what I was doing and everyone could see that I was In the way so It really wasn't a surprise to me when Instead of catching the ball I quickly moved out of the way just as someone was passing It to me and the ball roughly hit some other guys back; oops.

" Whoa! "

He yelled In surprise and just my luck everyone stopped what they were doing to gawk at us.

" I-Im sorry. I told them not to let me play.  "
I explained, hoping that this guy wouldn't get too mad at me.

" No way. No, no, no. That's... that's...don't..."

He seemed awe struck as he tried to find the right words to say and after a moment he just smiled and shook his head.

" You're Hoseok, right? "

" Mhm. "

" I'm Mike Newton. "

The hand shake was a bit of a surprise but honestly I was just glad he wasn't mad at me.

" Nice to meet you. "

" Yeah, yeah. "

The smile never left his face though before things could get too awkward a girl run up to us and gave a, well, a rather fake looking smile If you ask me.

" Pretty rough hit you took there. "

She said playfully to Mike and he half laughed.

" I'm Jessica by the way. Hey, you're from Arizona, right? "

" Yeah. "

" Aren't people from Arizona supposed to be, like, really tan? "

" Yeah. Maybe that's why they kicked me out. "

Wow, good job hoseok that was lame but even so Mike actually started laughing and then so did Jessica even If slightly Fake.

" You're good. "

Mike said with a smile.

" You're so funny. "

Jessica commented and honestly I just wanted this to be over so I excused myself them to just be by myself the rest of P.E