Chapter 1 - A Lesson on Bandits

Upon its creation, the goddess Eirene separated the world into three different major continents. Each one containing a different race of humans, amongst all other forms of life.

To the West lies Balsad. A continent with a population renowned for their intelligence and their unrivaled height. They are the leaders in technological advancements.

Many believe that they are the most likely to unite the divided people of the world. Unfortunately, due to their belief that only the strongest of men and the most beautiful of women should survive, they earned Eirene's disfavor. Living their lives without benedictions or magic, relying only on the strength of their minds.

Casia is the easternmost continent on the planet. While it is only the second largest landmass, it contains the highest number of people. Its residents are divided into clans, which value honor and respect above all. The smallest act of disrespect is often the beginning of a feud between clans, which carry into future generations.

Although they love their ornamental weapons and mastered their use, they respect their elders and ancestors above all else.

If it wasn't for their disbelief of Eirene's existence, she certainly would have granted them magic. Instead they live alongside their weapons while very few possess benedictions.

The island continent of Astulia lies south, located between the two other continents, and it holds the smallest population. Their military might, however, is on par with other major civilizations. The natives are kind, and while they are passive by nature, they stand strong and proud against adversity. Due to their loving nature, Eirene granted them magic, as well as benedictions.

Astulia's Native race shares the continent with the Garmavian population.

The Garmavians originally came from the southernmost islands that bordered Astulia. Natural disasters wreaked havoc on their homes, and so, they invaded the mainland. Successfully taking up a large space on the continent.

Their war was brutal, and their fighting went on for centuries. Until the Merchant Republic of Mongo was founded

Diving the continent into three sections and in a span of a couple of decades, the Merchant Republic built its cities between the two nations. The Kingdom of Garmavia to the south and the Kingdom of Astulia to the North.

Of course, the Republic hadn't done so for a meaningless reason like honor. They simple did it for money. But that is a story of the past.

• • • • •

7th day of the Ice Month

Night had long taken over. In its darkness, the sounds of hoofs followed by wooden wheels could be heard. Naturally, this wouldn't be a rare occurrence, but given the fact that is past nightfall. Its not something that an average person would willingly do.

The oxen-drawn carriage is being driven by a young man. Although he is hard to see at night, the youth in question looked to be rather tall as far as the average person was concerned. Slim but well built, and with skin a few shades lighter than caramel. He struggled to stay awake while holding on to the reins.

He would have stopped to allow his passengers to rest a long time back, but due to a small incident involving wolves near the Great Forest of Nube, they fell behind schedule and so kept driving into the night.