*6

December 23rd, 2018

Chris

London sat in the kitchen sniffing as she prepared a snack for us I watched her stay in the same position for about 10 minutes now that had me concern and also questioning her mental state "London....what's up w-" she quickly cut my sentence off with a response "the onions it makes my nose stuffy and of course watery" her voice started to crack as she tried to explain herself. She probably trying to do this shit so she could get back in my good spirits..." well stop cutting onions I don't need that in my sandwich and neither do you" I said slowly lifting up out the wheelchair "now if you don't mind I need to get these legs working by Christmas I wanted to show K the old Chris she knew is back ready to be her man again" I guess I hit a nerve because she released the grip she had on the knife letting it rock on the ground finally falling flat, she dropped her head sobbing, watching her 'cry' for some reason made me cringe deep inside. I walked over to her rubbing her back "hey whatever your going through I'm here for you despite what happened yesterday" she looked up at me wiping the tears that continuously fell down her cheek "Mr.Brown I don't need your sympathy like you said I am only here to help you and that's what I'm going to do" she said removing my hands from her back walking towards that tote bag of hers pulling her agenda out flipping through pages "today oh yes your going to start off walking your first lap then running for your second tomorrow will be much more complex" she says like it was peaches and cream my jaws dropped "hell I could barely stand and you trying to make a nigga walk and run laps like I'm still in the 10th grade" she stared at me with a 'OK and' look "I guess I should go put my tennis shoes on...Nike  or Jordan's?" she picked the knife up she dropped waving it around "you got about 5 minutes to get ready to walk those laps or your going to be back in the hospital but this time with more serious conditions" I raised my brows going up the stairs as fast as my temporarily impaired feet could take me.

We both came back into the house and I was sweating bullets "how your feeling Brown?" she asked with a big smile on her face "like I want to hurt London" I said returning the smile back hovering over the couch trying to catch my breath "oh please if you couldn't finish two little laps then how can your ass hurt me" I lifted up walking towards her gripping her shoulder "oh I don't have to physically hurt you I can mentally hurt you so bad you will cry back to your pathetic little ass man-child you call a boyfriend" her smile immediately dropped looking down sucking her teeth "I should cook dinner and get ready to head out" she was about to pull away from me until I brought her back into my arms "where you going? And why are you acting all moody?" I asked curiously "nothing is going on now if you don't mind" she tried to walk around but I grabbed her wrist tight holding her body close to mines. When this girl was around she always surprised me.

London

Chris and I stood into the same spot staring into each other eyes "Okay I caught Christian with a blonde haired chick and it has been hitting me hard all day long" I was waiting on Chris to hit me with the 'I told ya so' but he didn't say anything instead he pulled me close into his embrace resting his hands on my lower back I was enjoying this until I completely snapped out of my feelings pushing him away "did I do something wrong?" I backed away looking away from him not daring to make any sense of contact with him. Someone had knocked on the door three times causing us both to jump a bit "I should go get it" Chris said limping his way towards the door pulling back to reveal Chris's son again, Adrian.

"Hey where's your mommy?" He looked back at the empty parking lot shaking his head "Home" Adrian shrugs while playing with his fingers he made his way inside the home looking back at a confused Chris but he shook it off "Lo, I'm go hit the showers you keep a close eye on him" I looked down at a smiling Adrian "I am starving, I would love a cookie" he said with his hands together battling his semi-long lashes trying to bribe me out with his cuteness.