Part One (Round One Passed)

(A/N: This is a Open Novella Contest 2019 entry. It is sort of "The Hiipe", but no drug party or stuff like that. Just read and you will understand. I hope you enjoy. It's a "Loud House" fanfiction. Welcome to "Luan's Infection". Also, this story is one hundred percent original. I haven't found any other story resembling this one. If it does resemble any other story, it is entirely coincidental.)

Author's Narrating

In Royal Woods, a man fell down on a
container written "The Hiipe" on it that Lisa Loud dropped by accident a few days ago. As the glass shattered, the man had a seizure. Then, he went still.

The glass was containing a chemical that would corrupt any living creature if their bodily fluids would touch it. It would spread through any liquid in contact with it, multiplying the liquid. The corrupt living creature would then die, just to be reanimated as what you would call zombies. Luckily, those zombies were easy to kill. Remove both their hands and they would disintegrate. That man started to stand up, looking for people to infect. It saw a little child. The man ran to the child and bit her. She immediately collapsed. Five minutes later, the child went to bite people. That is how the infection spread.

Lisa's P.O.V.

"I can't find my glass can!" I shouted.
"Relax Lisa, what's it gonna do?" Luan asked me.
"It has a material that, if it comes in contact with human fluid, it would turn any living creature into a zombie!"
"Look, I'm pretty sure no-one would break the container to find out what is inside if you dropped it."
"Hey, kids, come look at the news!" Dad shouted.
All ten of us ran downstairs to see what was going on. Dad put on replay mode.
"Good afternoon Royal Woods. My name is Katherine Mulligan, your host for today. We seem to have reports of a zombie outbreak that happened around an hour ago. We strongly advise to stay indoors in case you're still alive. Get as many survivors as you can, but only to a maximum group of six people or else, you might not have enough resources to survive. An estimated sixty percent of our citizens seem to have been infected. Board up your door and windows while we wait for the military to save us. I am Katherine Mulligan, your host for today, wishing you the best chances of survival."
"Speak of the devil." Lisa said.
We looked outside our window. There weren't any zombies in sight.
"Well, maybe they're at the other end of town." Dad suggested.
"Dad? Isn't there a gun store somewhere around here?" Lana asked.
"Well, not really..."
"Do we have any guns or stuff like that?"
"Well, uh, yes."
"Woah, wait, you own guns and you didn't tell us?" Mom asked.
"Well, I only used them once in a while."
"What type of guns do you have?" Lynn asked.
"Well, I don't know the names specifically, but I know I have a shotgun, assault rifle, a few bows, crossbows, pistols, well, you get the point."
"Would it be possible to save Clyde and his fathers?" Lincoln asked.
"I'm afraid not, son. We already have a lot of mouths to feed in this family. Anyway, we would need to go and get some supplies. Food, water, gas, other stuff we need and we might need to build a wall."
"Yes! I knew that mahogany wood would be helpful!" Lana cried.
"Wait, you still kept all that wood?" Wondered Lincoln.
"We might need to raid a few places. Maybe we could get our supplies from Flip's." Dad said.
"Well, I think that we should take Vanzilla out to scavenge." Mom said.
"Lori, Luna, Luan, come with me to Flip's. The rest of you build a wall around the property. My toolbox is in the basement."
"Wait. If you would encounter any zombies, remember that the only way to destroy them would be to cut both of their hands off." I chimed in.

Author's Narrating

After a little while, they started to go do what their dad had ordered them to do.
The chosen Louds went to grab some weapons. They settled on melee weapons to not waste ammo since the zombies were not in this part of town yet. Lori went for a machete, but Luna and Luan went to Lynn to get a few spare baseball bats. Why not the sharper weapons? If the zombie blood would splatter, they might get infected. Plus, they could knock the zombie out to let Lori cut it's hands off.
"Alright kids. We will now go." Their dad said.
"Wait! Take this!" Lisa said, handing them a pocket radio.
When the Louds have said their goodbyes, the chosen siblings and their dad went to Vanzilla.