Chapter Six

I walked down the halls in a super tight pants suit that showed off my ass. I wasn't comfortable with this, but they said I had to wear it. I had a white undershirt with a black dress coat over it. My cleavage was practically exploding out of my bra, half of it overflowing over the shirt. I pulled as much as I possibly could over it, hiding what I could. Sounds stupid, but I was actually still a virgin. I know. Me. Sure, I'd had my first kiss when I was 17, but I never really wanted to have sex with anyone.

Err...ok so maybe Isaac was the first but still!

I glanced over at him, his eyes catching mine. "What is it?" I gestured down at my clothes. "Can't I just wear what I was wearing? I feel like everyone will just think I'm a whore." Whoa. Where did that come from? First time for everything I guess. "I mean...you don't have to wear it." He looked away as if he wasn't supposed to tell me. I elbowed him. "So...I could just slip in there and change?" Isaac pulled out a wrapped taco of clothes. "I didn't hear anything." I smiled, taking the clothes. Slipping into the room, I changed into what I was wearing.

Now back in my outfit, I flung what I had been in to the side. I stepped out, and Isaac looked at me. "I prefer the other outfit, but then others would be looking at you besides me." I snickered. "Territorial much?" He shrugged. "Just telling it how it is." Giving me a sly smile, he continued down the hall. "Hey! Don't leave me!" I ran after him, grabbing his arm. "I'm your trusty sidekick! You can't leave me!" A laugh fell from his lips. "Don't worry, Robin. I won't leave you." I let go of his arm. "Thanks, Bruce!"

We burst out laughing, and he smiled down at me. "You have a great sense of humor, you know that right?" I shrugged, my smile faltering. "I guess. I learned I had to have a great sense of humor, or the demons would kill me." He stopped, eyebrows knitted together. "Demons?" My lips turned into a straight line. "Yeah. Being an assassin isn't as great as it seems. The killings...they still haunt me. The only way to survive is to try to forget about the bad that you did and focus on the good." His thumb rubbed his bottom lip.

"Suicidal?"

I looked away.

"Is that a yes?"

I bit the inside of my cheek. How could I drag him into my emotional problems? "Doesn't matter. I've got a system and it works." I continued walking, shutting down the conversation completely. Making clear that the topic wasn't up for discussion, I looked over into one of the windows. Two men were dressed in white lab coats, holding tablets. They were working on something at the table that I couldn't quite see. They had on clear goggles and pens were jabbed into their breast pockets.

"Laboratory."

I looked at him. "They're studying something for a case. They'll be there studying at the table for," he glanced at his watch, "another hour." His intelligence about it told me he had been working here for a good while. "You know, you could always talk to a shrink." I rolled my eyes. "No, I totally didn't know that was up for what I should do about my emotions." There was a thick sheet of sarcasm in my voice. Very clear I was annoyed. "Or, you could always talk to a good friend." I laughed. "I have no friends. Or family. But that was already clear."

I saw him nod in my peripheral vision. I figured he had gotten the point that I didn't want to talk about it anymore. When he opened his mouth again, I turned to him, grabbing his arm so he could keep from walking. "Look. I don't want to keep ranting on about my problems. I get that it's a topic that should be talked out, but I haven't chose to do so. I'm a grown ass woman. I can decide when I want to talk about something or not." We stared at each other, and his eyes pierced mine. "I wasn't going to say that." I narrowed my eyes. "Then What were you going to say."

"You can talk to me. About anything."

His caring nature stung me, like a paper cut. He seemed to find it so natural to be caring for others, even someone as bad as me. It angered me, my hands curling into fists. Sighing harshly, I stomped away. He followed, now being quiet. I glanced up at his tall fame. He was at least a foot taller than me. I was about 5'2, and he had to be at least 6'0. Isaac didn't seem like that mean giant. He was more like the BFG. The freaking BFG. How? I haven't a clue. His eyes flicked to mine, and he gave me a cheeky wink.

I only rolled my eyes as we continued to walk in silence. We made it to another pair of grey sliding doors. He swiped his card, and they opened. Agents swarmed around, rushing to get some place. Isaac headed to a huge digital table, leaving me behind as I ogled at just how many people were here. Someone knocked me over, my footing horrible. I felt myself falling when someone grabbed me, their arms around my waist, hands supporting my back. "Are you ok, Ka Pua?" Flower in Hawaiian. I looked up, crystal blue eyes meeting mine.

He had black hair flopped over his right eye, dangling earrings that held the shape of a seashell in both ears. Stubble coated his chin and cheeks, coming up around his mouth. He pulled me up, my body still close to his. "Ka Pua?" I blinked. "...What was the question?" A deep chuckle came from his throat. "Are you alright?" My brain started to thaw from the frozen state he had made it in. "Yes. I'm fine. Thanks for catching me." His gave me a wicked smile. "You're welcome. I couldn't have you getting hurt. A delicate flower like you needs to be taken care of."

He released, and I felt the flex of his strong muscles. "Well, thank you. I appreciate you helping me." He nodded, his mouth curving at the ends. "I should go. You're boyfriend doesn't seem happy." I turned to find Isaac growling, his displeasure showing very well. "He's not my boyfriend, but I do have to stay with him." I turned back around, the man's tanned hands placed in his pant pockets. "I'd talk to the boss and have you switched if you'd like." I shook my head. "It's alright. I'll be ok." He took my hand, placing a kiss on my knuckles.

"Till we meet again, Ka Pua." Giving me a wink, he swept away elegantly. I was left, dazed. "Colleen." I turned to find Isaac behind me, his eyes holding anger. "You stay the hell away from him, got it?" I cocked an eyebrow. "Why should I? I'm not your girlfriend." His jaw flexed, tightening. "He's the type you don't want to get involved with. Take my advice, and stay away." I rolled my eyes. "I can do what I want." Isaac didn't like that, his hand roughly grabbing mine. "Stay.Away." Something about the way he snapped told me he would do anything to keep me from him.

"Now come on."

He dragged me off, and when I looked back the man gave a short wave, a smirk on his face.