Chapter Eleven

Holy. Shit.

It was my brother.

Daniel sat, his body spread across the couch. He was talking to a good looking guy, their eyes not looking off of one another. I ducked down, scared that they would see me. They were in a different room, so they didn't hear me. It looked like this place was a house of some sort. It had a kitchen, a living room, a Dinning room, a bathroom, and what looked like three bedrooms. This placed was insane. Why would my brother be living here, though? I thought he was back at the house. With my no good father and my other brothers.

The two men kept talking for a moment longer when the other suddenly got up and kisses Daniel on the lips. Daniel smiled, pulled the other guy down, and kissed him on the lips back. My brother was gay? What the heck! Why didn't he ever TELL ME? Shocked, I slowly walked down the stairs, not making a sound. I walked into the hallway and down to the master bedroom. Pictures hung on the walls of my brother and this man. Who is he? Why? I'm so confused! It was mostly of them together when I caught one out of the corner of my eye.

It was me.

My graduation.

I was enrolled in a privet college when I was 16. My father made sure I was the smartest girl there. The girl that stood in the photo was different. She thought killing people was fun. She thought that the Mafia was the best thing in the world. She trusted her tyrant father more than her own self. I bit my lip. Crazy how fast time goes by. Stumbling could be heard from the hallway, and I quickly rolled under the bed. Wish I had chosen a better hiding spot. Two men fell down onto the bed, making me almost into a pancake.

Passionate kisses could be heard, the smooching sounds making me want to throw up. Clothes were disposed of onto the floor, and I shut my eyes. Ew ew ew EW. I'm about to HEAR my BROTHER have SEX with someone I don't know! When groans and moans started up, I shoved my fingers in my ears. What the fuck is this messed up shit? Why, oh why, did this have to be my punishment for killing people? I mean, Denny was hot and all, but I don't need to hear him have sex with another guy!

It felt like forever when the bed stopped squeaking. A pair of feet hit the floor. "Aw, common, baby. Another round?" A familiar chuckle floated through the air. "Conner, you know I love you, but I have to go see my sister. Colleen needs to know about this." The man—Conner—sighed. "Does she know about you being...?" He swallowed. Yes. Now I do. "No. She doesn't." The bed was lifted as another person got onto the floor. "Will she except you?" Daniel exhaled. "I think she will. If my mother did, then Colleen will."

When the footsteps went out of the room, I sighed heavily. A soft beeping suddenly started. I tapped the circle next to my ear and on my neck. They were starting to wear off. Damnit! I thought. I was just getting out from under the bed when both of the little shits died on me. Oh no. Holy shit no. I was back in my red shirt, black, ripped, skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, and black Adidas. I looked at the mirror in the room. Blonde hair and grey eyes. Shit. I ran, out into the main room. I ran past the bathroom, the door opening as I pasted it.

"What the fuck?" Someone yelled. I didn't look back, running up the stairs and swiping the keycard to open the doors. A hand grabbed my wrist and I turned around, kicking them in the stomach. Rebecca launched up, running to me. "You literally let them see you?" She scolded. I rolled my eyes. "Leave me be, Re." She shut the door, locking it. "Ok, so now that you have let them see you, you're going to need my help to get you out." Her black hair reached her waist. "That's great. Just use your robot magic." Sarcasm was my best friend.

"You're an idiot."

I looked at her. "Ouch. I thought you liked me." She smiled. "I do. That's what friends do, from my understanding." I smiled. "Yep." The door at the other end opened, a raging Daniel looking back at me. "COLLEEN!" I looked at Rebecca, grinning. "Run." I grabbed her hand, throwing open the door. We ran out, the guards getting shocked that the robot was running with not Isaac Beals. I pulled her out of the main room, heading straight for the exit. Guards ran after me, Daniel's voice booming over a loud speaker. "Get Colleen Maddox and Robot 8590!" Rebecca laughed as we ran. We turned down three hallways, and I even ran into Isaac.

"Colleen? What is-" I grabbed his hand in my other one. "Don't ask, just run!" He looked behind him to find guards running after us. "Holy shit, what did you do?" He yelled. We got outside, Isaac leading us to the car. He got into the driver's seat, Rebecca in the back, me in the passengers. He gunned the engine to life, guards coming out of the doors, guns raised. "They wouldn't." Rebecca looked at me. "They would." Bullets went flying. The windshield didn't crack until the tenth bullet hit. "Isaac! Drive!" I screamed. He pulled out, heading straight for the gates.

The pole was about to come down, the doors closing on the gates. Isaac pressed his foot all the way down, using the ramp raising as leverage. We got through right as the doors shut, jumping over the pole. The impact of when we hit the ground jerked my head and body down, as well as the others. Sparks flew outside of the window as Isaac swerved, then he got control of the car back. A maniac laugh exploded from my mouth. "That...was...so...FUN!" I yelled. "I haven't had that much adrenaline since...I can't remember!"

Isaac teeth were clenched when I looked back at him. "Um...honey are you ok?" I asked, tentatively. He eyes peeled from the road, staring back at me with a fire in them that could've burned me if it was real.

"Start.Talking."

~~~~~

"You snuck in as me? Colleen, do you know what this just cost us?" I sat on the couch, looking up at a pissed off Isaac. "I was just curious. I didn't mean to drag you and Re into this." Rebecca sat on the lounge chair, reprogramming herself so the FBI couldn't find her. She was smarter than they gave her credit for. We had ended up in Isaac's friend's apartment above the bar he owned. "Well you did, and now they are looking for us. Why don't you ever think before you act? We're all screwed because of you!"

I gaped at him. "Because of me? Whose idea was it to bring me—a former Mafia assassin—to the FBI in the first place? Yours. I may have gotten us into this mess, but you placed me in the FBI first." He picked up a glass cup and threw it at the wall, the glass shattering. "You're so irresponsible! Maybe you're right! I shouldn't have ever brought you into the FBI. It was a dumb idea and now I'm paying. I should've just sent you straight to prison for what you've done! You know what? I should just call them now and have you sent there anyway!"

His words cut through me like a double edged knife. He couldn't mean that. He didn't. I swallowed. "Isaac, I'm sorry-" He laughed, his fists shaking. "It's a little late for that, Colleen. I wish I had never trusted you enough to be in that agency. I was wrong. Now I'm paying. Guess that's what I get for trusting a assassin." I didn't say anything. But that wasn't the worst part. I didn't feel anything. Nothing at all. I was numb. It was like my heart had been ripped from my chest and I no longer had emotions.

"And I should've listened to my father a little more. I never should have made out with a pathetic boy."

The words fell from my lips before I knew that they had fallen. Isaac stared at me, his anger melting into hurt. I scrunched my nose up, scoffing. "Oh please. Don't act hurt now. If anyone has a right to be hurt, it's me. But no, I take the pain like an old friend. Only pathetic boys like you can't take it, can you? That's too bad. Thought you were stronger than that." I spoke with a flat tone, my eyes staring right into his. Isaac turned away from me and stomped off into the bedroom, slamming the door. I turned to the black Tv screen.

My face was plain, flat. Cold as stone. I felt nothing for Isaac. No sympathy, no empathy. Nothing. Not even love. As for myself, there was nothing there for me either. No anger, no sadness. Just numbness. That's what I wanted. To not feel anything. A cold smile spread across my face, my eyes flickering with a recognizable spark.

I'm back.