Chapter Nine

Boom.

Reload.

Boom.

Reload.

Boom.

Reload.

Bullet after bullet tore through the think paper. Each and everyone hit the bullseye in lightning speed, each showing no mercy to its victim. After the paper was entirely torn up, I acknowledged the people staring at me with wide eyes. I placed the gun down on the table, the entire round gone. I calmly pulled off my ear muffs, along with my safety glasses, making my way to the door. The eyes of the other agents around me didn't bother me much. I was used to people gawking at my skills. I pushed open the door, walking out into the white halls.

"That was a good job in there."

I turned to see the same man from a few days ago. His shirt was unbuttoned, showing his sexy abs. His seashell earrings were the same, his black hair dripping beads of water. I noticed that his chiseled body had water in the amazing creases of his pecs and abs. I couldn't help but let my eyes wonder down further, to where his pants started. The man noticed this, the bulge in his pants growing a bit. I laughed immaturely, blushing and looking away. "Oh my god please control that!" I asked, my face getting redder. He laughed, his fingers picking up my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"Control your eyes, Ka Pua, and we won't have a problem. I cannot help it when such a goddess looks at me that way." He is making me MELT. "Do you know the effect you're having on me right now?" I asked. He smiled charmingly. "Is it enough to let me kiss you?" I shook my head. "Not quite, but close." He grabbed my wrist, pulling me to him. "I've got a few minutes." I blushed harder, pulling away. "Um, not there yet." He seem to know what I was hinting at. "That's ok. We can just talk." Ugh he was a nice person too.

We walked down the hall, chatting away. He was very easy to talk to, his carefree nature setting a calming orbit around us. I had never guessed that such a tall man with such sharp facial features could be so...gentle. When we got on the topic of family, I made sure to have him do all the talking. He caught me off guard when he asked about mine. "Ka Pua?" I looked up. "Hm?" "And your family?" I shrugged. "Disowned me." I shut it down by walking into the coffee room. "O...Kay?" I faked a smile. "Don't ask."

His face showed he wanted to, but his mouth stayed shut. I opened the small fridge to pull out a carton of milk. I poured it into a small plastic cup, screwing the cap back on. Placing the carton back, I turned around to find Mr. Hawaii drinking my milk. "Hey!" I yelled, jumping at him. He threw his arm out, using his high stature to his advantage. I jumped up and down, trying to reach it. That failed. "Why we're doing this, what's your name?" He caught me off guard. "Oh. Uh, Colleen. My brothers called me Cole."

"Jason."

I smiled. "Nice to meet you, Jason."

He then set my cup down on the table, his dark eyes looking into mine. I knew where this was going, so I awkwardly laughed and picked up my mug, sipping my milk. My face was turned away from his, and I walked off to the nearest table. Isaac wasn't very keen on me hanging with him—that is, if he even knew. However, I was sure that I didn't want to spark a "romance" type thing with Jason. He was nice, but it wasn't like I was looking for a relationship. What Isaac and I are, I haven't a clue. Maybe friends with benefits?

I've never seen myself as that type of person, though. I always thought I was grounded with good values. When it came to boys, at least. Sure, my morals were questionable. Being the person who used to kill others for your psychotic father doesn't really help your social status. I mean, not that I was looking to be high on that food chain. However, I was looking to be high on another food chain. The food chain of intimidation. I wasn't looking for power, but people shouldn't underestimate me. I'm sure no one did to begin with.

Maybe I am power hungry?

So many lines blurred in such little time.

"Colleen?"

I was snapped from my thoughts as Jason said my name. I looked at him, realizing I was sitting in one of the white chairs. I hadn't even noticed I had sat down. Jason slid a chair out and sat next to me, his eyes studying my face. Again, I awkwardly turned away. This man clearly didn't get the memo that I wasn't into him. He was hot, I'll give him that. And he was kind. And had a nice butt...but that's all beside the point! How could anyone ever love a monster like me? I felt myself start slipping back into my thoughts, but Jason seemed keen on keeping me out of them.

"How many brothers?"

The question was sudden, unexpected. Of course he'd want to know more after I had mentioned them. "Three. All older. I'm adopted, so they ain't blood related. Feels like it," I stopped, "felt like it." He gave me a odd look. "Felt?" I shrugged. "Like I said. I'm disowned." I grimaced as I thought about Steven's annoying jokes. He did manage to make me laugh all the time, even if he did betray me. Then Liam's hugs, so warm and soothing. Finally, Daniel's sweet smile. The smile that pulled me out of so many dark days. I missed him the most.

Even my mother's face looking at me in the mirror the first time I went to a formal dance.

I missed them all. "You say that it isn't a big deal. It seems like it is." I glanced up at Jason. "One thing you should know. I don't talk much about my personal life. Not many people can tell you what goes on in it." He nodded. "Does your boyfriend know?" I scrunched my nose. "He's not my boyfriend." My tone was a sharp and short one. I was getting annoyed at all the questions. "Ok." He threw his hands up in defense. "Sorry I called him that." I growled, throwing my head back and downing the rest of my milk without taking a breath.

Standing, I got up and placed my mug in the sink. Hitting my hands together, I started to walk to the door. "Where you going?" I looked behind me to see Jason still sitting. "Jeremy needs me." I lied. He nodded. "Have fun." I walked out with a. 'I will' and kept going. I walked down the hall, heading into the grey doors. When I walked out of them, I looked up to a heavily guarded other door. I had seen it before, but I didn't care until I thought I had seen Isaac go in there. It was right before I had left to go to my new home. He kissed my forehead and left up the stairs.

I remembered that he had to swipe a card to get in. I knew there was no way being who I was that they would let me in. So all I needed to find out what is behind that door is Isaac's key card and a to look like him. This can't be too hard. Right?