Chapter Ten

The picture of the symbol of the Atlanta FBI told me I was going in circle—still. I sighed in frustration. All I wanted was to find Isaac to swipe his key card. I had already thought about using one of the gadgets from the lab to cover up my face into his. It was perfect. Except the universe was obviously telling me not to do this shit. Oh well, it should know I never listen anyways. Besides, I hadn't broken any rules in at least 48 hours. That's so long. Determined to find him, I kept looking. I came back to the same picture. "You know what? Fuck you, universe!"

I groaned. "I'm going to find him, and when I do, you'll be looking like a fool!" I yelled up at the ceiling. "You haven't fucked up my life all the way yet, you son of a bitch!" I punched the wall. Hard. "Jesus. I leave you for a few minutes and you're punching the walls?" I turned to find Isaac, his blueish green eyes looking confused. I laughed nervously. "The world hates me." He walked to me, his fingers tracing the shape of my lips. "The world may hate you...but I don't." He delicately brushed his soft lips on mine, my eyes fluttering shut.

I slyly slid my hand into his pocket, careful not to make him aware that I was pick-pocketing him. Doing it correctly, I placed the card in my inside coat pocket, still taking time to make sure I don't alert him of what I was doing. All the while, his pressed his lips to mine again and again. His sweet kisses soon turned a bit rougher. I didn't mind, but I wasn't really up for a whole make out session in the hall of his other coworkers. I pulled away, sucking in a deep breath. "Why don't we go somewhere more privet?" He asked, his eyes dark with lust.

I slinked out of his grip, his hand holding onto mine. "I have some place to go. I will see you later though." Pecking him on the cheek, I walked back towards the lab. I walked in, a few people still there. "Miss Maddox?" I turned to find a man with curly brown hair and chocolate eyes looking at me. "Yes! Hi! How can I help you?" I asked. He gave me a strange look. "Why would you be here?" I quickly thought of an excuse. "Jason wanted me to find the face changing gadget? He needs it for a mission." The man nodded.

He led me over to a table with small circles scattered all around it. He picked up the one with the blue middle. "Do you know how to use it?" He asked. I looked at him. "I don't. Neither does Jason." He placed the circle in my hand. "You place it right at your temple. When you do, you press the middle. You must think of the person's face you want to change into, and it will do so." He handed me another circle that held a red center. "This goes on your neck, and it will change your clothes into what the person is wearing."

I pictured Isaac in his black and white suit. "Ok. Thank you so much. Jason will be so happy to have me teach him how to use this." I kissed both of his cheeks, my smile bright. "Next time I come, I'll ask for you specifically." The man's face turned red, his cheeks flushed. "O-Oh. Thank you ma'am." I gave him a sweet smile. "No problem," I looked at his name tag, "William." He smiled at the thought of me knowing his name. "Good luck, Miss Maddox." I waved at him as I left. "Thanks for all the help!" I walked out, the gadgets in my hand.

Right before I got to the main doors, I slid into a supplies closet, taking the blue gadget and placing it on my temple. I pressed the middle like he said, and thought of Isaac's face. I felt a rubbery substance spread across my face, covering my hair. When it was latched on, I turned to the metal dust pan. Blue-green eyes stared back at me. Well, not me me. But Isaac me. I grinned, the gadget working. I pressed the red circle to my neck, pressing the middle. My clothes formed into a black and white suit, my cleavage being hidden. "Wow."

That was the only word to describe it.

I walked out, nobody seeing me. I went through the big doors, heading up the stairs to the other doors. The security guards looked at me, then nodded seeing who I 'was.' I pulled out Isaac's card from the new pocket, swiping it. The light turned green, and I stepped through. It was a blank room with white walls and furniture. A small Japanese woman sat on the white couch, her black hair flowing to her hips. I gave a smile and wave. "Hello there." She looked up, her interest peaked. She wore a white pants suit with white heels.

"Agent Beals. I hadn't realized that Master had called for you."

Master?

"Uh, yes. He did."

The woman stared at me for a long moment. "You're not Agent Beals, are you? You're Colleen Maddox. Agent 4677." I narrowed my eyes. Her voice sounded kind of...robotic. "And you're not human." The robot smiled. "Smart girl. Tell you what. I'll keep your secret. But only because I like you." I gave a wink to her. "You're not too bad yourself." She rolled her eyes. Even if she was a robot, she acted way to human to be called an 'it.' She looked very lifelike, that's for sure. Even her mannerisms seemed human like.

"What's your name?"

"My serial number is 8590. Master calls me Rebecca."

I walked to her, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you, Robot Rebecca."

Rebecca smiled. "Careless Colleen."

I squeezed her metal hand. "Thanks, Babe. I'll be quick."

Releasing her hand I turned to two huge white doors. I didn't know what was behind them, but I was prepared to find out.

Taking a deep breathe, I pushed the doors open.

———————————————————————

Hey guys! Sorry this is such a short chapter. Right now things have been a bit cr-a-zy! Life has that perfect mix of great stuff and annoying shit. I'm right in the middle, lol. I'm so sorry tings have been slow. I hope you all enjoyed that chapter!

If you like this book and what to know if some other books, go check out Dealings With The Devil. It has that good-evil balance that a lot of y'all seem to enjoy. It's more biblical than this, but (according to others who have given me feedback on the book) it's very interesting. I try my best.

I will update this whenever I can! I hope you all don't mind, especially if you read all the chapters. Anyway, I will still update other books and this one. Things will be a bit slow for awhile. I will still be here, however, and until my next update, farewell!

-Emmeline