ten.

Where gold must line her heart.
—————————————————————

"Yo, can you relax? She cool I promise you." Hassan chuckled as him and Harley sat outside of El Maguey, a mexican restaurant.

"I know I'm tryin' it's just my anxiety." Harley sighed as she toyed with her fingers. She had so many thoughts running in her head. Most of them were horrible.

"There she is." Hassan smiled as Devin opened the car door for Monica. She stepped out of the car and walked towards their table.

"I'm so glad y'all sat outside. It's so beautiful today." Monica said as she hugged her brother.

"Yeah Harley wanted to and I couldn't say no." Hassan chuckled as he gave Devin a brotherly handshake.

Monica glanced at Harley who was still sitting down and laughed. "Girl, in this family we hug. Don't be nervous."

Harley laughed as well and stood up. "Sorry."

"It's cool." She said as they gave each other a hug. They sat down across from each other and Hassan rubbed Harley's thigh. Trying to calm her down.

"So Harley, what do you do for a living?" Monica asked.

"I work at a tech company where I develop websites and create logos, business cards, flyers, anything really." She laughed. "We're working on this new department. Marketing. This week we're doing an ad campaign for a big company."

"Really? Which company?"

"Old Navy." She said, making Hassan look over at her with a confused look on his face.

"You didn't tell me about your new department." He said.

"I know. I tried to but you were in a hurry the last time we were on the phone." She told him. He instantly felt bad. There was an awkward silence before Monica spoke up.

"Let's eat, shall we?"

****

"And then one time, Hassan stayed out after the street lights came on and my mama was so pissed." Monica laughed. "She was looking all over the neighborhood for him only to find out that he was on the next block."

"Oh my gosh! What did she do?" Harley laughed as well as she ate a tortilla chip.

"Monica, don't." Hassan said sternly.

"Oh come on Hassan I wanna hear." Harley continued to laugh. Harley and Monica thought the story was funny but Hassan didn't.

"Girl, he got his ass whooped. Butt ass naked!" Monica wiped tears from her eyes as she tried to stop herself from laughing. "You should've seen it. Hassan cried all night."

"Yeah it's time for us to go." Hassan said as he called for the waiter. All three of them were laughing at him.

"Hassan, don't be mad." Harley teased. "I'm good." Hassan mumbled while grabbing his wallet.