Man (and Daughter) hunt

Is this?? An update?? I guess yeah. So, don't feel obligated to read this part but just a quick lament about why I didn't update for a very long time. I was discouraged. This didn't get as much of a response as my other version of this AU and I was so much happier with this version. The other one was kind of a trash fire and I thought this one was much better and when it didn't get the same response, I was a little upset. Not that I think the last chapter was really great, there were typos and my writing is just okay, but I knew it was better than the first story. I just lacked confidence and felt like this just wasn't good enough, but this goes out to my three commenters. Love y'all. I know what it feels like to enjoy a story and never have it updated, so for you three, I'm going to be the change I want to see. I'm going to update an abandoned work.

Also you'll notice that the tense changes and that's because I'm bad at keeping consistent tense so sorry.
-----------

Nico, though upset by the thought of his little girl growing up, brushed off the experience with the flustered young boy. When he and Adeline had returned to the hotel she had ranted at him about how rude he was and how she was going to die alone if he continued to scare off every boy she talked to.

Nico chuckled, "Darling, you're 16 years old, a boy you met in the park is not the end all be all of your future."

"How do you know that, Papa? People meet their true loves young all the time. You're telling me when you were my age, you never found anyone you thought you'd be with forever?" Adeline huffed.

Nico's stomach twisted, and his amused face dropped. An unmistakable pain filled his eyes and he scowled, "Adeline, 16 year olds are foolish. They know nothing of love."

Addy frowned, and her eyebrows furrowed, "What's with the tone? Are you okay?"

"Drop it," Nico stated.

"Papa, what happe-"

"I said drop it, Adeline!" Nico shouted as he stood and turned around, marching into the kitchen.

Addy was silent, confusion etched onto her face. Her father was never like this, never rude or harsh. She stood also and crossed her arms, "Fine. Don't tell me. But you don't control my life, Dad."

Nico looked over his shoulder ar his daughter, her posture reflecting a stubbornness he taught her, he knew she wouldn't drop it. But, at the time, he didn't care, he just wanted her to leave it alone. He placed his hands palms-down onto the counter, pushing down and arching his back lightly. It was an exasperated position, like he needed the counter if he wanted to stay upright. "Adeline, go to your room," he said.

"Are you joking?" she asked, annoyance flooding her tone, "you're being irrational."

"No, Adeline, I am not joking. Go to your room."

"God, fine, whatever," she huffed, stomping into her room and slamming the door.

"Actually, its Gods," Nico muttered as he took a wine glass from the cabinet and filled it with whatever red wine he had.

He carried the glass to the table and he sat down and sighed loudly. He set the glass down, wine sloshing up the sides, and he ran his hands through his hair. He was being irrational. But the hurt bubbling in him, the grief and sadness, concealed the logic and left his mind flooded with flashes of memories he wanted to forget. Bright blue eyes and golden hair. Tan skin and white teeth. Calloused fingers from playing guitar and a doctor's coat. He squeezed his eyes shut, hoping he could stop the tears. They trickled down his face anyway and be grunted, frustrated that he was still haunted. He laid his head down onto the table, his arms folded around it, blocking out the world.
----------
Across town, Jason Grace was asking his son for the third time to tell him everything he remembered.