Better

Olivia's POV

I heard commotion downstairs after a few minutes of chatter. I didn't want to start all of this. All I wanted to do was stop being a bother to them, and now I created a whole new problem.

I wish I didn't have to mess everything up all of the time.

A few tears slid down my now rosy cheeks. At this point, my crying was involuntary. I guess I was just emotionally vulnerable. I didn't even know what I was crying about anymore.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs after a few minutes and I quickly wiped away my tears and hugged my pillow.

A few knocks echoed through my door.

I didn't answer, but they opened the door anyway.

Jackson and Dylan stood at my door, worried and sorrowful looks plastered across their faces.

"Can we come in?" Dylan asked, taking a step forward. I shrugged, not showing any facial expression whatsoever.

They came in, closed the door, and joined me on my bed, Dylan sitting next to me and Jackson sitting at the edge.

"I know you don't want to see me right now, or even look at me, but I need to tell you this," Jackson said. I raised my eyebrows. He was definitely not the type to admit his feelings, especially to me.

"Olivia, what I said to you, I can't take back. It was so hurtful and despicable. I do want you to know and I hope you know that I didn't mean anything I said. I literally cannot begin to imagine what my life would be without you. I don't think any of us can. You are our annoying little sister but we love you more than anything. You provide a light to this family that nobody else can, you give us a reason to laugh everyday, and you remind us to enjoy life and not stress about the little things that don't matter. You have helped pull this family out of really dark times, Liv, and I'm so sorry that you are going through dark times of your own. We are going to get you help and help you be happy again. It's not over for you yet, kid. We're not getting rid of you that easy," Jackson finished, smiling at my attempt to stop blushing.

"You know we love you and I'm so sorry we haven't been there for you. You can come to any of us, especially me and Jackson, for anything. We are going to be here and things are going to get better. I know we don't deserve it, but do you think maybe you could forgive us?" Dylan pleaded.

What they said was so sweet and genuine, there was no way I couldn't forgive them. I knew they were incredibly sorry, they never apologized. Ever.

But,

Why not have a little fun?

I buried my face in my pillow, sniffling and not saying a word. I peeked out and saw them concerned exchanging glances.

"Liv, please, give us a chance to fix this?" Jackson added.

I lifted my face from the pillow and blankly stared at Jackson.

He stared back.

He knew exactly what he was doing,

I could NOT stare at someone for more than five seconds without laughing.

I consider it a curse.

I ended up cracking a smile and he threw a pillow at me.

"Fine, I guess you guys hurt your ego enough to apologize, you've probably gone through enough punishment today," I half smirked. Jackson rolled his eyes and Dylan pulled me into a headlock.