Young Love

*one month later*

I woke up the next morning pretty early. Unusual for me, but I guess I went to bed pretty early last night.

I made my way downstairs to a quiet house, Ben being the only one awake.

"Morning bub," He said, giving me a wave from the living room couch. I went over and joined him.

"Why are you awake? It's 5am," I asked.

"I could ask you the same. But for me, I just couldn't sleep. Yesterday was stressful and I was up all night thinking," He replied, giving me a half smile.

"I feel you. Let me know if I can do anything," I said, cringing at being nice to him.

"You can stop being a loser," He said, pushing my head into the couch cushion.

"Well you can stop being a bitch," I snapped back, trying to pull him into a headlock and failing miserably. He laughed and pushed me the rest of the way off of the couch.

I huffed and made my way to the kitchen, pouring some cereal and almond milk. I ate my breakfast and went back upstairs for a few hours, just playing on my phone and finishing homework until I was called back downstairs a while later.

We all came out of our rooms and piled down the stairs.

Jackson was last to come down, holding some sort of big box that he set on the kitchen island. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey guys, come here. I have an announcement," He said, looking at the box.

"You're gay? We all knew that silly," Dylan said as Jackson punched him in the stomach.

"Says you, Dylan," Ryan said, smirking at him.

"At least I've gone through puberty," Dylan snapped back.

"Have you?" Ben jumped in, fist bumping Ryan. Dylan swung at him but Ben ducked quickly.

"Cut it out, ladies. Jackson, what's your announcement?" I asked, cutting their bullshit.

He smiled at me. "Well, I was thinking we needed a break after all of these shitty days. Open the box," He requested, taking a step back.

We all collectively opened the box to see 5 plane tickets to Hawaii and flower leis.

Our jaws all dropped at once.

"WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII?!?!" I yelled, rupturing all of their eardrums.

"Tomorrow! We'll be gone for a week!" Jackson exclaimed.

"TOMORROW OH MY GOD I NEED TO PACK!" I screamed, making Ryan slap his hand over my mouth.

I excitedly ran upstairs and got put my suitcase. I packed a variety of clothes including high waisted jean shorts, crop tops, ripped jeans, and the cutest shirts I could find.

We hadn't been on a real vacation like this since our parents had passed. We went on small road trips around Florida and to Disney, but never anywhere this big.

I texted Nathan that I was leaving, a little upset I wouldn't see him for a while. I asked him if he wanted to spend the day together and he gladly accepted.

Jackson said he was going out to hang out with some friends and left, so I had to go ask Dylan for permission to go.

I figured he was still downstairs, so I made my way down there. He was on the couch, watching football of course. Ben and Ryan must have gone upstairs or somewhere.