𝟓; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

▬▬ * ⁎ ❁ ⁎ * ▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DURING DINNER, ROSALIND joined the rest of her party in the dining hall, waiting for her score. She hadn't told anyone about what she did, and her nerves were so fired up she was surprised she hasn't spontaneously combusted yet. 

"So small talk aside," Haymitch said, his grey eyes trailing over to her and Thomas. "What did you two do for the Gamemakers?"

Rosalind avoided his gaze, and allowed Thomas to speak first. 

"I built some shelter," he replied as he was cutting his slice of steak. "Made a fire. Threw some weights around. None of them were really paying attention. They were more interested in their food than me, to be honest."

"What a surprise," Felvick rolled his eyes, his delicately-trimmed nails picking up a napkin to wipe his lips. "They do this every year."

"What about you, Rose sweetheart?"

Her head shot up at the nickname, and tried to swallow down the string of insults that were forcing its way up her throat when she noticed the smirk on Haymitch's face.

"I really don't think you want to know."

Immediately, every single adult in the room snapped to attention at her words and turned to stare at her. 

"What?" She asked uncomfortably, bristling under their expressions. 

"What exactly did you do?" Haymitch asked, all the playfulness gone from his voice.

Rosalind sighed. There was no point in hiding this from them. She told them the truth, about how she painted the message "THE CAPITOL WILL BURN" in all red.

There was pin-drop silence when she was done talking. The stares turned to glares, and the air was practically crackling with electrifying tension.

"You did what?" Effie said finally, her hand going over to her mouth.

"What did they say?" Haymitch asked, barely containing his fury.

Rosalind shrugged. "I don't know. Walked out right after."

"That is despicable!" Effie shrieked. 

"Wanna swap places?" Rosalind shot back defensively. "Wanna see what it's like to be sent into a death arena while no one cares whether you live or die?"

"Alright, that's enough," Felvick announced, slapping his pale hands on the table. He swept his long, slick hair behind his shoulders as he stood up, shooting Rosalind and Effie glares. "Let's go and see the scores, shall we?"

We went to the sitting room to watch the scores announced on television. First they showed a photo of the tribute, then flashed their score below it. The Career Tributes naturally got in the nine-to-eleven range. Most of the other players average a five or six. Newt Sangster from District 7 scored a nine. Alby Coshrow from District 9 scored a ten.