𝟔; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

▬▬ * ⁎ ❁ ⁎ * ▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ROSALIND DIDN'T SEE Thomas in the morning. A hovercraft appeared out of thin air, a ladder dropping down, and she climbed up, Felvick right behind her.

Once safely inside, a woman in a white coat approached her carrying a syringe. "This is just your tracker, Rosalind." She said. "Stay as still as you can, so I can place it."

Rosalind felt her muscles tensed up ―she didn't want a tracker in her. But she froze in place as the woman inserted the needle into her arm, a sharp stab of pain flaring up her forearm.

As soon as the tracker was in place, the woman disappeared and one of the servant directed Rosalind and Felvick to a room where breakfast had been laid out. Even though she wasn't hungry, she stuffed in as much food as she could, knowing that this would be her last full meal before getting sent into the arena.

The ride lasted about half an hour, and the hovercraft finally landed. She and Felvick climbed down the ladder, where they found themselves in an underground catacomb that laid beneath the arena. They followed instructions to their destination, a chamber for Rosalind's preparation.

Felvick tied her hair into a ponytail, pinning down the stray hairs. He helped her into the outfit that she would be wearing into the arena―it was the same for every tribute―simple tawny pants, light green blouse, sturdy brown belt, and a pair of sleek, combat boots that were perfect for running.

"Ew," Felvick said, wrinkling his nose as he looked her up and down.

Rosalind rolled her eyes, though a small smile appeared. "I'm glad to see your priority is my appearance instead of my welfare."

"You're very welcome, darling. Now, one last thing."

He fished out a gold, shiny necklace from his pocket―she recognized it immediately as the necklace that Percy gave her as a token before parting.

"One final touch, a final gift from me," Felvick said, hanging it around her neck. "It won't help you in any way out there, but it'll definitely remind you of home. Cherish it dearly, darling, I spent nearly a day trying to convince the Gamemakers that this isn't some weapon in disguise."

"It's perfect... thank you, Felvick." She said, stunned, her fingers straying over to the necklace.

"I do have my charms," he smiled, though it didn't seemed quite as mocking as it usually did. In fact, Rosalind thought this might be the most sincere she had ever seen the stylist.

"Good luck out there, my rose darling. Remember what Haymitch told you. Get away from the Cornucopia as fast as you can. Don't trust―"

"The Careers," she continued his words, reciting them from memory, "and my main priority should be to find water."