Chapter 35.

Carly's POV

"Nikki, please tell me what you have planned! The anticipation is killing me!" I whined. He chuckled. "Be patient! I got you a dress for this date, it's in our bedroom." He said. I smiled. "You got me a dress?" I asked. "Mhm, I have my outfit ready, too. Just go get ready." He said. I smiled and started walking towards my bedroom. "Oh, one request?" I heard Nikki ask. I turned around. "Do your makeup and hair the same way you used to do it in '83." He said. I laughed a little. "Why?" I asked. "Just, please. For me?" He asked. "Fine, okay." I said.

I walked upstairs and into our bedroom. I saw a black leather dress laying on the bed and a pair of black heels on the floor next to the bed. I smiled and walked over to it. I recognize this dress, this is the same dress I wore for mine and Nikki's first official date. I checked the size. Oh my gosh, he got a replica made that actually fits me. I smiled wide and quickly stripped from the clothes and put it on.  I slipped the black heels on and then sat down at my vanity. I applied my face makeup and then did my signature raccoon eyes I used to do in the 80's and I put on a dark red, almost black lipstick on. This was my go-to look in the 80's.

I teased my hair up and giggled a little. I walked over to the mirror again and smiled. Wow, I feel like I'm 23 again. All the memories of being 21 and having Nikki by my side are all hitting me. I smiled and walked down the stairs. I was met with Nikki wearing the same outfit that he wore on our first official date, too. A black button up shirt, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, black leather pants on, and eyeliner surrounding his eyes. I smiled wide and walked over to him. "Wow, you look gorgeous." He said, smiling down at me. "You look perfect." I replied. He leaned in and kissed me quickly. "Hold still." He said and ran into the kitchen. I heard the beginning of "In My Life" beginning to play. My jaw dropped and he walked back out.

"Oh my gosh, we're recreating our first date?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. "Come on, baby." He said and held his hand out. I smiled wide and quickly ran over to him. I looked around and it looks almost exactly the same as our first date. Candles are lit all around the kitchen, food is on the table with a little candle in the middle. "In my life, I love you more." The song played. I looked up at Nikki and tears filled my eyes. "Nikki, this is absolutely perfect." I said and a tear ran down my cheek. Nikki quickly wiped the tear away with his thumb. "Like I said back in '83, you deserve it." He said. I smiled wide again. "You remember every little detail, god, I fucking love you." I said and wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled and hugged back.

All My Loving came on and Nikki leaned back and looked at me. "Care to dance?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "Is this the same playlist as before?" I asked as Nikki and I began to dance. "Yep, the same exact one." He replied. I smiled and he twirled me around. I giggled and he dipped me. I looked up at his green eyes. "I love you so much, Nikki." I said. He lifted me up and kissed my forehead. "I love you so much, Starry Eyes." He said. I smiled and he lead me to the table and pulled my chair out for me. I sat down and he pushed the chair in and then walked over to the other side and sat down. "This is bringing back so many memories from when I was 23." I said. He smiled. "Same here, beauty." He said.

——

"This has been such an amazing night, Nikki." I said after I took my last sip of Jack. "It's not over yet, I have one more thing to do, baby." He said and held out his hands. I placed my hands in his and he brought them up to his lips and kissed them. "Carlotta," he began. I smiled. "Seeing you after 9 years, it feels like my heart is finally beating again. When we were apart, I felt so lost. I didn't know what to do with myself. When I saw you walk into rehearsal a few months ago, it was like I was looking at an angel. I was angry, yeah. But, to see you after so long and to see that you're okay, I felt relief wash over me. I knew when I was 18, that'd you'd be the only girl for me, I think about you everyday, all day long. I have since I first laid my eyes on you. You're my Starry Eyes and I love you endlessly." He said. I felt tears fill my eyes. "What I'm getting at here is, will you please be my girlfriend again?" He asked. My heart started beating hard against my chest.

"Oh my gosh, I would love to be your girlfriend!" I exclaimed happily. Nikki smiled and stood up. He stood me up and hugged me tightly, he lifted me up and spun me around. I laughed as he put my feet back on the ground. "I've missed calling you my girlfriend." He said and kissed my cheek. I grabbed his face and kissed him deeply. He chuckled against my lips and pulled me close to him. I broke the kiss. "I missed calling you my boyfriend." I giggled.

(A/N: They're finally officially together again!! Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)