Prologue

"Tell me... Tell me who could have done those things."

The king finally said at last, after my heated arguments with one of his despicable subjects. Who was now silently glaring in my direction because of the interruptions, and involuntary help from the king himself? I curtly jerked my chin from him before I shifted my gaze to the king.

But then I gulped.

My heart thuds unevenly when I saw the king staring at me, void of any emotions. There was a strange gleam in his eyes that wasn't there before, and the weight of his stares was enough to make me silent.

"Speak up, lady from the shrine."

I fought hard not to click my tongue at the word. So, I clenched the side of my robe instead to keep myself in check. But when I about to recollect.

My throat tightened.

I glanced beside me and squeezed the hand of Anastasia even though she would not respond, but it was enough to know I was not alone before I open my mouth.

But it was hard.

Not only for the king's unrelenting gaze on me but because of the word that I was about to tell. It was a great effort and courage, to reminisce about that terrible night, under the second blood moon. It was like a dream.

No- It was a nightmare. 

Nightmares turned out to be a horrible reality.

"Demons."