Chapter 2: Under the Blood moon

The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns, He comes as everything you've ever wished for.

~Tucker Max

Before Awen Lockhart absorbed everything, several taller priestesses were dragging her and Anastasia back in the shrine. The baggy bag she had endure to carry long enough to gave her awful strains was currently being teamed-up by two priestesses not far from her, and they were having dreadful difficulties that Awen knew very well.

Watching the sight, she unknowingly snickered a laugh that earned her a light punched on her right abdomen from the frowning priestess on her right.

She was about to retort from the sudden pain, but her anger faded when her sight passed by and captured the silhouettes of the Narra trees that were gradually diminishing in the distance.

The fact crashed in her head, bitterly hard this time. That infuriates her, Incredibly.

Not only because of the situations she was into or the sticky mud on her face, nor the realization that Anastasia fooled her.

But because she has a clear idea of what was running in Cassey's mind at this particular moment while the said culprit  eyes were kept studying the headdress atop on her head, and her signature self-satisfaction smirk that Awen wanted to erase from the moment it appeared.

She already knew what it means.

"Don't!" Cassey stopped the priestess who tried to take away the laurel on Awen's head.

"Do not ruin the evidence to prove my claims, just left it the way it was until we reach the shrine. Understand."

Awen glared at the priestess on her left, who obeyed without any doubts at Cassey's command as if she has no will of her own. But Awen eyes turned sharper when she heard Anastasia, who giggled like a child, but shortly, has been silenced by Cassey. And that was the only thing she likes from Cassey.

However, After thorough analyzations, Awen Lockhart pointed the finger at Anastasia Rohan as the main reason for her awful failure. Because, if Anastasia didn't show up at the first place, perhaps right now she was miles away from the shrine savoring her freedom.

But no.

Awen was here, enduring Cassey's irritating smirk and can't stop her mind to think for worst. The urged to scratch  her neck was tempting, but her hands were restrained. Also, add the headdress on her head that was impossible to throw somewhere because of her uncooperative curls, and for the countless times in her life, she had another reason to hate her hair.

"Troublemakers, no-deviants was the right word to describe both of you. Though I don't think you can comprehend any word when you can't even choose the right word. You know what, it sounded too blasphemy to say, escape. Escape was an absurd word, especially when no one imprisoned, nor dragged both of you here. Ironically. It was your own dumb decision to choose this poor shrine."

Cassey's words were refined and firmed yet trashy. Just like the way she moved as if, she always wears an invisible crown that only she could see.

Awen and Anastasia hated it from the first day they'd met Cassey. They knew there was heavy and thick air of dislikes between them that they don't understand, but both parties knew it was getting stronger, every waking day. Unless Cassey's group was not existing, or Awen and Anastasia weren't existing. One group will experience a much better life inside the shrine.

"If you haven't known yet, I heard you aren't the first priestess, who attempted to run away from the obligation of the shrine. I strongly believe, you also not the last."