Chapter 2:2 Under the blood moon

Karma has no menu, you get served what you deserve.

~Anonymous

The joke backfired.

Awen, Anastasia, and Cassey ran together aimlessly.

The low and deep voices kept looping inside their head. Tormenting them. Their hearts seemed to beat erratically loud in their ears and throbbed inside their throats as if it was going to explode.

But the three priestesses kept running, despite the spikey bushes, branches that slightly cutting their robe and flawless skins, every time they will pass by onto any. They'd also stumbling numerous times because of the uneven ground, covering them in specks of dirt and leaves.

But no one seemed to care.

They had thought. If Natalie was doing this for revenge. Undoubtedly. Natalie had succeeded enormously. She could also get an award if there's any, because for the fact that they haven't seen anything like that before.

Awen and Anastasia can't think of anyone in the land of Uria could do the same exact things Natalie had done earlier, even Trevor the most talented actor in the Mcdougall Opera house could never mimic the sound of bone-crushing while twisting to death then back to life again. Everything about Natalie was unexplainable.

Especially Natalie's now black eyes as if you were staring into nothingness, it was like light doesn't exist with those eyes. But most importantly the voices.

They knew no one could ever do such things unless it was something new, something close to paranormal which they kept denying because for them those things didn't exist.

Awen and Anastasia believe God's and deities were superstitions, myths and illusions.

Characters created in old wives tales to lull children with starving tummies. Creative imaginations or better say hallucinations for the homeless, broken and dying to sugar coat the reality they currently had. Or in other words, a false hope.

Even the shrine of Aumanda the Sun Goddess and the temple of Mithryl the Moon Goddess, built to honor both Goddess and the symbols of the continuous peace in the land of Uria.

But for both girls knew these were all lies.

They believe it was because of the pride of the four mighty kingdoms to show-off they were able to create religions, to show the mask of bitter peace between all kingdoms and to continue the made-up traditions of their wealthy ancestors.

They believe if god's, deities and heavenly beings were to exits. They will only smile for those people with big pockets.

While Demon was created by people. The thick defensive wall to cover up their awful doings or abusive motives. A thing created to divert the blame.

Demons aren't unseen spirits, often described with horns and tails that people had used to believe, but for two beautiful girls, demons are those who use their power to take advantage of the weak. Often you could see with shiny clothes in high horses. Specifically, people with expensive diamonds and beautiful titles.

And both ladies had met and encountered plenty of demons in their lives than tales could have offered. They actually lived and served with them in the past.