2| Meet the sprinklers

•••

[The song is Revolution by The Score]

•••

"Never mix eggs in a cullender"

•••

The muffled bangs in the kitchen woke Oliver up- He Was a fairly light sleeper and would usually be up first.

Oliver jumps off of his bunk careful not to wake Jimmy, who was curled up on the bottom bunk.Once he's safely in the middle of the identical bunk beds, Oliver glances at the Calendar, Tuesday- It's Julius and Jades day to cook and clean.

Oliver edges around Matty's leg, which was dangling from his top bunk.

It didn't take long to throw on a pair of jeans, a blue Adidas shirt, his grey hoodie and then his usual leather jacket.

Oliver laces up his worn black sneakers- at this point most of his outfit was second hand, the jeans were Matty's, the shirt was taken from the laundrette a couple weeks ago and the hoodie used to be the neighbours. His sneakers were from the lost property closet of one of Oliver's previous school.But the jacket - Oliver could proudly say that was his and his alone.

He heads to the tall mirror, before reaching into his draw and pulling out his bandanna and red liped cap.

He ties the back bandana around his neck and tucks it under his jacket, before putting the cap over his short hair.

Oliver can help but stare at his reflection in there cracked mirror. His eyes were strange.
At first glance they were a boring brown, almost black; when someone look closely they would see the orange specks and how a third of his left eye was more of a whiskey colour.

A cry breaks him out of his thought and he spins around heading to the corner nearest the window, to the wooden crib.
Reaching inside he pulls out Harry, another of his sibling.

Harry was the youngest at Four- he'd joined them three years ago. Olive rocks and shushes the boy until the water works stop, humming to himself.

"Let's go get you some food, babyboy." Said Oliver, walking through to the kitchen to greet two more siblingS.

"I don't think you can mix eggs in a cullender." Oliver said.

Julius whips around holding spoons out as weapons to defend himself and Jade just nods,
"I tried to tell him."

Oliver just nods and sets Harry onto the counter top. Opening the overhead cupboards and pulling out the cereal.

Julius was trying to clean up the raw eggs he'd dropped and jade had gone back to making lunches for the other siblings.

"I'll pick some eggs up on my way home later." Oliver said setting the four year old in to his highchair and putting the bowl of cereal (with milk and a spoon) in front of him.

"You goin' to Marty's?"

Olive shakes his head at Julius, "nah. I'm dropping by the butcher first so I'll cut through the back way and Jimmy's going to papa johns later."