3| Meet social interaction

•••

[The song is Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day]

•••

"Clarissa and Wyatt"

•••

The bell rings as everyone takes there seats for mr Mathews history class. Oliver just pulls his hood down and sinks further down. He could already tell Mr Mathews was going to go off on one about cell phones- based off the poor mobile the teacher had in a depth grip.

"You guys don't connect with each other- It's like you can't exist without these. You use emoticons rather than emotions. You're an unfeeling generation of zombies." Says Mr Mathews instantly causing Riley and Maya to mimic zombies.

"Stop eating her." He turns to the new arrival to address her properly "you're late, Miss Myzell."

"My goldfish died." She replies in a (to put in nicely) dead-zombie-robot-hybrid voice.

"You see? This is what I'm talking about. Miss Myzell has clearly suffered a tragic loss. Yet, she does not seem in touch with her actual emotions!"

Myzell Flatly replies, "Excuse me? I am crying my eyes out. I'm gonna have to leave class early." Before storming out.

Oliver scoffs and mutters to himself "she actually made it out the door this time."

"Oh, she actually made it out the door this time."

'Huh, great minds think alike or some other load of potatoes' Oliver can't help but think.

The door opens and Myzell comes back inside repeating the same fact for the third time.

"Dad," Riley starts, and a rush of annoyance fills Oliver's body- here we go! Oliver had attended this school for one day and it was already crystal clear Riley need to be the centre of attention, weather it was on purpose or not.
"adjust and deal. Cell phones have been around for, like, ever." Riley finishes and Oliver just kind of gapes at the brunette, did she actual believe that?

"It'll amaze you to know that there was a whole world before you and cell phones."

It amazes Oliver some people can be so dense.

"And it'll amaze you to know that I have 394 friends in here." The girl states in a 'I'm right and there no possible chance you can argue with me' tone whilst Tapping her cell phone screen.

"And I'm amazed that you believe that." Oliver mutters not-so-quietly meaning everyone heard. Oliver shoots a quick glance around to find Lucas giving him a small grin and farkle holding back a laugh.

Cory takes control drawing a line across the chalkboard. "This is a timeline of all human existence. Starting here, " he Points at the start of the timeline, "is everyone who ever lived, laughed, loved, and understood the value of life. The cellphone era, which begins right around here," the teacher  continues making another line almost at the end of the timeline, "pretty much destroys all of that. Way to go, you."

Oliver lets out a sarcastic whoop, Before giving his best announcers voice; "The human race ladies and gentlemen! Destroying everything since there was things to destroy!"