Chapter 5

Real quick, Abigail doesn't actually do dance, it's an excuse she uses to get out of things, you'll find out why ;) <3

I don't know why but I just know this isn't going to be good. Me? Doing what he wants? For god knows how long? Great, someone start planning my funeral.

"Watcha thinkin'?" Courtney says beside me, with Adam right beside her. Should I tell them or not? I don't know maybe I'll just wait and see how things go.

"About that math test I have to get to." It wasn't a complete lie. We do have a math test, I just wasn't thinking about that. She has a look of realization on her face before she practically screams.

"Oh my gosh! I forgot about that!" Me and Adam chuckle at her behavior, she's like a 10-year-old.

"Come on lets go." I say and pull Courtney to class, waving at Adam. When we get into class we sit at our regular seats. The rest of first period goes by pretty fast.

Nothing interesting happens for the first half of the day. Now it's p.e. time. I usually sit in the library because I can't do p.e. Only the teachers and administrators know why.

When I get in the library I go straight to my little hideout. It's in the far corner behind a bookcase. I don't think I've ever seen any other human being back here. It actually has my scent all around the area because I'm the only one who knows about it. I've been told I smell like cookies.

After a few minutes of silence, the bookshelf right next to me shakes. I jump and look up. I see Noah sticking his head in between some books. "How did you get back there?" He questioned.

I looked over at the small opening between the bookshelf and wall. "You fit through that?" He asked, it's a really small space so I can see why he's shocked.

"I guess so." Is all I said. I look back down at my computer and get back to what I was doing. Next thing I know the bookshelf was being dragged away from me. I look up and see Noah trying to squeeze through the opening he made a little bigger.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. He's invading my personal space.

"Finding something to do." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Why are you here?" I ask kind of harshly

"I could ask you the same thing." He has a point except I have real reasons.

"I asked you first."

"Um, well... I was looking for you." He said rubbing the back of his neck. What's up with him?

"Are you okay?" I ask, not that I care or anything. Pshh why would I care about him?

"Now you have to answer. Why are you here?" He asks avoiding my question or ignoring it. I wouldn't know I'm not good at reading emotions.

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because." I say while looking down at my computer.

"Why won't you tell me?" He asks, why does he care?

"Why do you care?"

"Honestly... because I heard some rumors but I wanted to hear it from you before I believe them." Since when have I been the center of attention to anyone? Why and who is spreading rumors about me?

"What are they about?" I look up at him slowly and something was in his eyes before he masked it real quick.

"You know what? For your first task, I want you to tell me the truth behind not coming to p.e. You haven't come to p.e. since the first day. I know you're in my p.e. class because everyday Coach says your name but then mumbles something and moves on with everything. So tell me, why do you skip p.e.?"

I freeze up, like I can hardly move. The only things moving are my lungs and they're barely moving.

"Please tell me." He whispers. I look up at him then close my eyes tightly before exhaling. I look down again.

"I have a heart disease." I look up at him and see he's... confused? I don't know but I decide to elaborate anyway.

"The veins connecting to my heart will clot which means the blood doesn't get to my heart. Even if it's one I could still have a heart attack or something along the lines. When the veins clot my heart will stop working. It takes about 30 minutes to an hour for me to completely," I inhale and exhale deeply, "die. You're the only person besides my family, the teachers, and administration who knows so don't say a word. If I find out you do I won't hesitate to kill you. Even if it kills me."

"So why can't you do p.e.?" he asks.

"The more active I get the more of a chance I'll have of getting blood clots." He makes an 'O' shape with his mouth. The bells rings after that and I jump up. "Don't tell anyone about this spot and I would prefer you stay out of it too. It's the least you could do for making me tell you the most personal thing about me."

I could actually see the shock on his face before I walked away. As I was a little aways from the bookshelf I call out. "Make sure you move the shelf back!"

AUTHORS IMPORTANT WORDS PLEASE READ:

I totally made up the whole thing about the heart disease. Heart diseases are real but they don't work how I described Abigail's. It was totally made up but bare with me it's just a fiction book.

<3