Chapter 18

Noah's POV:
I was loving the happy look on Abigails face the entire time we were at the dog place. She lit up at every dog.

I had a whole night planned. I even talked to Abigail's mom about a certain surprise that's for later.

We arrived at our next destination not long after the first. It was a small bakery at the edge of the town we were in. It had great reviews and her mom said she loved sweets.

Her eyes light up in aw as we park. "It's so cute!" She clapped her hands a few times and got out of the car. I was staring at her in a trance that I didn't notice her walk around the car to my door until she opened it.

"Get out already, I'm hungry!" She yells at me.

"Okay okay!" I put my hands up in surrender while getting out. We get inside and there's barley anyone here. We go to the counter and look at the menu.

"I want the double chocolate chip cookie bowl with a scoop of vanilla and a cherry." Abigail orders and I look at her surprised, how is she gonna eat that? She's like super thin!

"I'll take the same." I tell the cashier, it honestly sounded good and my leg hurt still so I wanted to sit.

"That'll be $10.60." The lady said. I pulled out my wallet and eyed Abigail. Usually the other offers to pay don't they? Like in movies and stuff? I handed the money to her and a few minutes later we got our desserts and sat down at a booth.

"Usually the other person would offer to pay wouldn't they?" I asked, I had to okay?

"Yeah but you would've argued with me and I don't wanna argue." She says then eats her cherry.

"Yeah that's true." I reason.

We finished eating a while ago and now were just talking about anything and everything.

"You guys have to leave, we're closing." A worker tells us.

"Oh, sorry." Abigail says and we get up.

"It's no big deal, I enjoy seeing true happiness in my bakery so I'm not mad or anything."

"You own this place?" I ask her, wouldn't old ladies own bakeries? She looks around her late twenties.

"Yes sir I do. I'm the proud owner. I know, I'm not old so how? It's always been a dream of mine." She reads my thoughts, kinda.

"That's so awesome!" Abigails face lights up even more and that makes me smile.

"Yeah. You two better get going now, don't wanna have to call the cops now do we?"

"No m'am, that won't be needed." I say and grab Abigail's hand, walking to the door.

"What's your name?" Abigail asks. The lady tells us Carla. "Bye Carla, I hope to see you again!" And with that me and Abigail are in the car and driving off.

Now to the big surprise!

"There's one more thing." I say. She looks at me.

"And what is that?" She raises an eyebrow.

"You'll see, it's actually close so we're not far."

"Okay." She smiles and looks back out the window.

We pull into a dirt driveway with nothing but trees for a minute or two.

"Your plan wasn't to kill me happy right?" She scoots closer to the door.

"No! No, nothing like that." She chuckles nervously and I sigh. "We're here."

Abigail's POV:
"We're here."

I look in front of us and honestly I'm kinda confused.

"A cabin?" I ask, slowly looking at him.

"Yes. The best part is that your mom agreed to letting you stay tonight, Courtney brought all your necessities earlier, and there's one more thing but we have to get out of the car for me to show you." He said then got out.

I cannot believe him! He's perfect!

I got out and followed him inside. The inside was huge! The door opened to a big living room. Going straight back after that was the giant kitchen. Then a dining room. What looks like a game room, then we're at the back door.

I was too busy looking around to notice Noah cover my eyes with his hands. "Alright walk with me." I did as he said and heard a door open then felt the night air again.

He told me to stop walking so I did. He turned me back around to face, what I'm guessing, him. He took his hands away from my eyes and put them on both sides of my face. Probably to keep me from looking behind me.

"Okay, I want you to know that me and the boys built this and it was a lot of work to pack into a few days so you have to like it, no if ands or buts about it. Got it?" He asks but I can tell he's joking. Or is he?

I nod and he turns me around. I take it all in.

It's a beautiful gazebo with fairy lights everywhere. The furniture in it was amazing and in the middle was a fireplace in the floor. HOW!

"What do you think?" Noah asked, standing beside me.

"I love it, it's amazing." I look him in the eyes. He looks unsure so I do the one thing I haven't done yet. (Except that one time but it doesn't count.) I lean up and kiss his lips softly but passionately.

He kisses back but a few second later I pull away. "You're too perfect for me." I tell him truthfully. How did I get so lucky?

"As for you." He smiles, mocking my words.

We go and sit in the gazebo. I look up and notice that I can see the sky through the glass on the roof. Wow.

"Random question, if you had a dog what would you name it?" He asks me. Me being me, I answer right away because I've always wanted a dog.

"Bella for a girl and Jax for a boy." I answer still looking at the stars.

"Jax, come her boy!" Noah yells. I am super confuse until a German Shepard comes around the corner and runs up to us. "He's all yours. Your mom told me you've always wanted a dog and that you've had names since you were little so I named him Jax and he's yours to keep."

"This can't be happening."
——
Later that night all three of us, Noah, Jax, and I, are in the king sized bed going to sleep. This has been the best day of my life.

Right before I fell asleep "I love you, Abigail." Is what I hear whispered in my ear.

<3