Wings

"Pit! Get up it's almost 7 am!" A voice shouted at the sleeping man in bed, Pit only responding with a groan followed by his pillow being shoved over his face.

"Pit, for the last time, I won't tell you again-" The voice spoke again, two cold hands yanking Pit out of bed and dropping him to the ground, leaving a surprisingly annoyed Pit.

"Hey! What was that for? I was getting up!" Pit rubbed the back of his neck, sitting up and looking at his brother Kearn, dressed and ready to leave. 

"Yeah, you going back to snoring is waking up." He rolled his eyes, walking away from the sleepy Pit on the ground. "Get in the shower and get dressed, we leave in 15 minutes." Kearn smirked as he heard Pit immediately get up and rush into the shower quickly.

Ever since Pit had agreed to follow Kearn's exercise routines, he's never felt so sore but so much more active. Kearn had replaced all the snacks (yes, even the ones Pit tried to hide) with something healthy. Basically, Kearn had raided the house and dumped out all the junk, scolding Pit each time he would try to sneak a little guilty pleasure in. Pit hated it, but loved the newfound energy he felt and stronger he'd gotten.

Pit found himself scrambling out of the shower, quickly getting himself dressed with the clothes Kearn had picked out for him and running out into the living room to meet him. 

"New record, 7:02 AM." Kearn chuckled, putting his phone away, opening the door for the two to leave. 

While they headed towards their usual route, Pit had to strike up conversation and suggest breakfast, hoping Kearn would slip up at least just this once time, only to be handed a granola bar. Rolling his eyes, Pit was silenced for now as they came closer to a park, the dirt path common for them to run on in the morning.

Pit only liked one thing about running so early, the morning sun and how quiet it was, but enjoying the quiet was something Kearn preferred. Pit usually talked or listened to music (rather loudly) on his phone, hardly paying attention if Kearn was talking to him or not, which wasn't a problem. 

"Alright." Kearn put his hands on his hips, already breaking into a jog, Pit not too far behind. For once, the brown haired male had focused on something other than his music, looking at all the wildlife rising from slumber. It was peaceful, not to mention that not many people would block their view from nature. Instead of Kearn complimenting and paying attention to nature as usual, he was actually quite far ahead, leaving Pit behind. 

"Hey- Wait up!" Pit called out, breaking into a short sprint to catch up only to tire himself out with an earbud popping out of his ear. 

"Huh, see you at the exit I guess." Pit pouted slightly, going to put his earbud back in but perked his head up when he heard something move nearby, something large. 

Pit looked around, listening and watching for whatever it might be, hearing something like a bird's wings flap. Except the bird sounded huge. Being the curious person he was (and probably the stupidest, everyone knows you die this way in horror movies), he wanted to examine the source of the noise, pushing bushes out of his way while the flapping got louder. Soon, something came into view, a person, but... They looked strange.. They had giant red wings on their back! Pit gasped, luckily the noise muted by rustling trees as the person tried to fly again, only to fall and seethe in pain. 

'It's wing doesn't look right.' Pit noticed, seeing that one of the wings was cut, speckles of dried blood on the wings. Not too soon after, he felt terrible after watching the poor thing try to fly again, only to fall and hurt the injured wing once more. Instead of it facing the trees, the person had stared Pit directly in the face, fear in it's eyes as it attempted to get back. Pit raised his hands up and popped up from the bush he was in to show he was no threat, which only made the panicked man crawl back even more. 

"Hey, hey it's fine it's gonna be okay! You're- wing looks hurt are you alright?" Pit came a bit closer, the male on the ground agitated and not relaxing.

"Do you speak Eng-"

"It hurts." The male spoke, a soft whimper of pain coming from him as he looked towards his bloodied wing.

"Oh. Oh!" Pit came over, the stranger shuddering and moving his body away but not his wing. As Pit got a closer look at him and the wing, he noticed that the wing had gotten leaves and twigs stuck into it, the cut having formed a long time ago. 

"Um. Listen, just tell me your name and I'll take you back to where I live, I can help you with that I promise!" Pit smiled, putting his hand out for the new person to shake, but he didn't respond to it.

"My name is Pit, what's your name?"

"...Link.." He responded, giving Pit a little bow before seething in pain once more. Pit winced slightly and helped Link up to his feet, taking the sweater from around his waist to cover Link's wings.

"What are you doing?" 

"You can't come into town with those, people are gonna freak out, you have to keep this on okay?" Pit smiled nervously as Link didn't look too happy about it.

"It feels weird, how long until we go to your home? Where is your wings?" Link asked in confusion, touching Pit's back and sending a shiver down his spine.

"Woah- Uh, follow me home, I don't have wings and we need to go now." Pit backed away from his touch, leading Link to the path and the direction out of the park. He noticed that Kearn had been standing there the whole time, on his phone and tapping away.

"Took you long enough- Who's this?" Kearn squinted at Pit, looking at Link strangely as he bowed at him. "I thought we weren't talking to strangers anymore." 

Pit grabbed Kearn by the arm, pulling him down to whisper into his ear. "Okay listen, this guys got like huge wings. They're real too and he's hurt! We gotta take him home, please?" He looked at Kearn, who seemed to scoff at the idea.

"You said that last time about the dog that nearly murdered you." Kearn tried to sound tough, but couldn't ignore the constant annoying pleading and begging that he knew was bound to come. "Fine- I give him 3 days and he's out of the apartment, deal?" 

Pit nodded happily, Kearn sighing as they headed back home towards the apartment complex they lived in with Link following beside Pit. 

"What's your name?" Kearn didn't look back at Link, pressing one of the crosswalk buttons while Pit tried to keep the new one calm and not take off the hoodie to try and attack someone. 

"Link." He spoke, uneasy but held down by a firm grip on his arm from Pit.

"Kearn." He nodded, coming closer to the apartment complex. "Just saying, I don't care if you want to or not, you are getting into the shower even if you don't have any clothes. Wear some of Pit's, I'll wash yours off." Kearn reached into his pocket to grab his keys, walking slowly up the stairs to find the correct one.

They stopped in front of the door, Kearn unlocking and opening it while Link walked in with a confused expression.