Chapter five

Hi

Target 25 votes

Recap: Luck on Chakor's side. Ajay and Imli got insulted by their own bad luck.

Suraj arrived home, it was late and Ranjhana was waiting for him. She wanted to talk about his future, does he wants to stay in India or study abroad.

Ajay and Vivaan had come home earlier, as the clothes of Ajay were wet and dirty. He was fuming in his room, "that stupid Imli she ruined everything!" He fumes and hit with the palm on the wall.

Vivaan pouts, "Bhai come on, she hasn't done it initially, she mistakenly slipped. Then too she had no idea you were going to take revenge on Chakor." Vivaan was trying to reduce the anger of Ajay, but with his explanation he fumed more, "Vivaan do you want to tell me I'm the fool and it was my mistake?"

Vivaan shook his head, "No, but bhai it happened we can't undo it." They were arguing while Suraj had reached home.

Ranjhana was sitting at the dining table, "Suraj you come. How was your first day?" She asked with a big smile on her face.

Suraj smiles back, he sat opposite to her and starts to tell her everything, but not the bad things only the good ones, he doesn't want to increase her worry and tension.

Ranjhana nods, "so you have found a friend?"

Suraj nods, "Haan choti Maa." He smiles and then he hit his forehead, "I forgot to tell you."

Ranjhana was holding the envelope in her hand under the table, "what you forgot Suraj?" She kept the envelope in her hand waiting for his story.

"Choti Maa today when I met the principal he told me that he applied under my name for a seat at the Oxford University without my concern and knowledge. I told him I'm not interested besides they haven't replied yet. I'm hungry going to make something, do you want to eat with me or you had your dinner?" He stood up looking at her, she smiles, "Suraj even I have to tell you something, sit."

Suraj fears, he sat on the chair and looked at her, "have I done something?"

Ranjhana shook her head, "tell me, if the Oxford University will give you a seat would you take it?" She asked him without showing the envelope.

Suraj signs of relief, "Choti Maa if I had to leave I would have left the day Papa had left, but I don't want to go away from you, you are my only family I have left." He said with a smile and tears in his eyes.

Ranjhana nods, "I'm happy you considers us to be your family. If I request you would you do it?" Again she isn't showing the envelope.

Suraj was confused, "do you want me to leave? Don't you want to keep me any longer? Have I done a mistake?" He was nervous and scared, he couldn't met her gaze, his view blurred.

Ranjhana forwarded the envelope and it landed under his eyesight, a teardrop fall on it, "I don't want you to leave me ever, but you are getting a chance to study in a well-known University, you can't just reject this chance." She hole his hand over the table.

Suraj looked at her, "they gave me a seat?"

Ranjhana nods, "haan including a scholarship, Suraj please think about it once and make a decision, but don't refuse it like this, please."

Suraj nods, "haan Choti Maa I will think about it, but what about you and them?"

Ranjhana shook her head, "don't think about us, be selfish and think of yourself first. You can't live with the thought about 'what will happen to them!' Nothing will happen both are useless and money minded, but they are forgetting that this property is shared into three. Not two, no one will take what belongs to you, you have my word."

Suraj shook his head, "Choti Maa I don't care about the money, but I care about you. What if I leave and they do something wrong?" He really was scared for her and shook her head, "I'm their mother they can't do anything, besides who is saying you are leaving alone?"

Suraj got confused, "what you mean?"

She smiles, "we have a business in England too, I will come as often as possible you don't worry I will meet you even if there won't be a reason to work." She come to him and caresses his head.

Suraj was sitting there, she served him the food and gave him the time to think, he ate it and cleaned the dirty dish, he took the envelope into his room and read it again and again.

Dear Suraj Rajvanshi

We have received your application and we're pleased about your marks and works. We would like to have you as a student at the Oxford University.

You can join us anytime

Yours sincerely

Principal

Suraj was damn happy and excited. I can join it anytime, but I have just started to go to college here, what if I lose some of my learn stuff, I have to be at the same level like them, better I join with the next semester. I won't miss anything from here and will have enough time to take the decision.

Suraj wrote an email to the administration.

Dear Mr. Fury

Thank you very much for the confirmation letter. I'm sorry that I couldn't reply to you earlier. I'm very happy and grateful to got selected, yet I have started my first semester here in India. If the possibility is give. I would like to join the Oxford University from the next semester, I don't want to leave just in the beginning and miss any stuff, which could be important for the future. As your letter said I can join you anytime.

I hope you understand my dilemma and give me the chance to join you.

Your sincerely

Suraj Rajvanshi

He sent the email and hoped for a positive reply.

____

Please comment and vote