THE CHAPTER 18

I hurried to the bedroom, "I'm going to my parents house."

"What?" George asked, his jaw dropping slightly as he paused where he stood.

"You heard me." I stuffed all of my sprawled out belongings into my bag, pushing down on it to zip it shut as it refused.

"Why would you go back to your parents house if they give you so much shit? That's a stupid idea." He followed me into the bedroom.

"No, George. What was a stupid idea was coming here with you. What was a stupid idea was thinking you'd be the same guy I left almost eight goddamn years ago, but boy have things changed--"

"What do you--"

"And you give me just as much shit as my parents do so what's the difference?" I glared at him as I wheeled my suitcase into the living room, parking it by the door and hurrying back to the bedroom for my other.

"How are you gonna get there because I'm not taking you. I'm not going to take you someplace you can get hurt--"

"You've already done that, George. I'll have my mum come get me." My voice began to shake.

"Judith, I'm sorry alright?" He reasoned, "can you just forgive me and we try this again?" He said, I turned around, my hangover taking over completely as my head weighed a ton and my energy was low.

"I know, I was being an ass I'm sorry." He took a step closer to a silent me, I didn't know what to say to him. "I thought..." He looked away, the words coming out as if each one was paining him inside, "I thought you and Matty slept together."

"So you come in here and throw blows at him before figuring it out?! That still doesn't change what you did to me first. That still doesn't change that you took me to Emma's house, that you walked out on me for mentioning it, and that you were with her last night--"

"So what, you're on his side?" He asked.

I looked down, holding in a thought, "there's no side to be on."

"I'm Sorry for assuming what it looked exactly just like! And I told you, it was nothing."

He took a second step closer, I stared at his chest in an attempt to avoid him. "It was nothing." He repeated. I turned my head, only to have him sweep my chin softly back to facing him, lowering his voice, "Judith..." he tucked my hair behind my ear gently.

I shook my head, pulling away, "George, no! You can't just....you can't just do this shit every time you fuck up alright? God." I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom, slamming the door shut.

------------------------------------------------------

The sound of Sugar blasting in my ears by System of a Down was the only thing on my playlist that was loud enough to drown the sound of mum and Percy arguing about irrelevant topics. Topics such as money and who bought the last bottle. I felt like an helpless adolescent all over again, sitting on my old bed that they'd to my surprise never gotten rid of. I slumped down where I laid, regretting every action I'd taken after the concert.

I wished I could call Monica. She was the only person who would ever understand, and even at times she didn't, could empathize. The time differences were driving me crazy and all I could do is be alone with my thoughts, music, or the sound of my parents yelling behind my shut door. That was it, I had to get out of there. I had to go home as soon as possible. Clearly everything had crashed and been destroyed, and there was no longer anything left.