Human Nature Part 2

Don't own a thing! 

This is a sequel to the last chapter 

                       -----------------------------------

Somehow they had gotten out of there. 

Steve didn't know how or when but somehow Firy had found and saved them from that horrible place. He thought he heard Tony saying something about a tracker but he was in a fog for most of the flight back to New York. They had taken her and Steve back into that room three times, each time using a different method of torture. They had never asked him any questions or demanded information, they had only relished in the pain they had caused. Physically and emotionally. 

Now Natasha was lying in a hospital bed, a ridiculous and scary amount of machines and IVs stuck into her.  He had been treated too - Wanda had insisted- but his injuries had only been minor compared to Natasha's. He sat by her bedside with his head in his hands, and he had been for several hours. Clint had been there at first but he had to go and tell his family, everyone else was asleep. Tony had trod to get Steve to lay down too but he'd refused. After awhile they had given up, the team, and left him in peace. If they suspected anything between the two they were all kind enough not to ask. 

                    -----------------------------------

Steve jolted awake, he had no idea how long he'd been out and at once looked at Natasha. 

She was still asleep. 

He sighed and rubbed s hand across his face to wake up a bit more. He saw a flash of black and turned to the door. Fury was there, watching him. 

"You were out for a good forty five minutes," he told Steve, "Look like you could use some more."

Steve sighed again, "I'm fine."

Fury raised an eyebrow, "All you heroes seem to have he same defenition of 'fine'"

"I can't sleep with.." He gestured to Natasha, as still as ever. Fury nodded. 

"That's actually what I came here to talk to you about." Now it was Steves turn to raise an eyebrow. 

"Bout what?"

He laughed, "Don't play dumb with me Rogers, you know what I'm talking about. I obviously don't have to remind you of the risks, seeing as they're laying right in front of you" Steve frowned but Fury didn't seem to notice. 

"We can take care of ourselves."

"I don't doubt that Rogers."

"Then why..."

The older man patted Steve on the back, "I just want to make sure that you know the risks, and are happy." He studied Steve with his good eye, and Steve would have laughed at Fury talking about emotions if they had not been in the situation they were in. 

He gulped, "I'm very happy, I can't speak for Nat but personally, I'm the happiest I've been since coming out of the ice."

Fury nodded and rose, patting his shoulder on the way out, "Say hi for me when she wakes up."

Just like that he was gone, and Steve turned back to Natasha. Oddly proud he had gotten the fathers approval. 

                      ------------------------

Ok, so Fury isn't really Natasha's father, I just think they have a father daughter relationship. If you're wondering she woke up four hours later and was all right. Thanks for reading.