Two Months

It's been two months. Two whole months, since the fight, that ruined it all. Cost a few people their jobs, but also cost two very special people, their very special friendship.

It had been a stressful day in the office. Rhett and Link had gotten into a fight, over something as stupid as the setting on a fan. It turned into them yelling, saying things they hated about each other. Rhett told Link he was too picky, and controlling. Link told Rhett he was too much of a know it all.

Eventually, Rhett had enough. He said he quit. He quit his job, but he also quit being Link's friend.

Link still hasn't recovered. For the first two weeks, he hoped Rhett would come back. Give him a call, or text, and tell him he didn't mean it, and it was just the stress. But, it's been two whole months, and Link hasn't see, or heard from Rhett.

Their wives and children still hung out. They all were awear of what had happened. At first, they tried to help fix things, but nothing happened, so decided this was something the guys needed to fix themselves.

As time went on, Link became more upset, some might even say depressed. He stopped shaving, he ignored Jade, he just wasn't himself. After a month, he stopped talking completely.

Rhett was also a mes, but no one could tell. He wanted to go back and apologize to Link, but in his eyes, there was no fixing this. He was the one that quit everything. But, everyday, he went on, like nothing had happened. But deep down, he just wanted his friend back.

Today, was a different day for Link. When he woke up, he had a positive attitude to, anything. He paid attention to Jade, shaved, and he talked to his family, asking them how they slept. They all were happy Link was back to normal.

The reason Link was in such a good mood, is because of the dream he had the night before.

He had dreamed, he went and apologized to Rhett, for all the things he had said, because he was also to fault. Rhett had apologized too, and they started GMM again. And Link was determined to make that dream come true.

He sat on the couch after breakfast, and his wife had taken the kids to school. He pulled out his phone, went into messages, and scrolled to find Rhett's number. He hovered over the keyboard, and typed 'I'm sorry' and hit send. He added more.

To Rhett:
I'm sorry for all the things I said two months ago. It was just all the stress from that day. I miss you brother, I do. I miss our fun times together, filming the show. I want things to go back to normal.

He waited, and waited, and waited for Rhett to reply. After 13 minutes, he seen the bubbles pop up, and then this message.

From Rhett:
No, I'm sorry Link. I was the one who quit everything because of a stupid fight. Everyday, I put on a brave face, like everything was okay, but deep down, I missed you too. How about you and me meet up somewhere, and discuss how to start the show again. Even if it's just the two of us.

And they did.