New York | Part 2

"Well, you see," His voice trailed off.

"Come on Rhett. You know you can tell me anything." Link scooted his chair over by Rhett, and put his hand on Rhett's knee.

"My family and I are moving to New York, next week."
*****************************************************

"What?" Link asked with complete shock in his voice.

He was also angry, but tried not to show it. His best friend, is moving his family across the country, after all they've done together, all they've built.

"Yeah, Jessie got a job offer as an interior home designer, so we decided to move."

"But what about Mythical? All we've built here, the show, everything? You're just going to throw it all away?"

"I'm sorry Link. What else was I supposed to do? Just watch my wife throw away her dream, after she supported me, and us."

"But not all of you have to move." Link said with some harshness in his voice. Rhett returned the harshnesses.

"And what? Separate our family? Let there only be a certain time we can all see each other and spend time together?" Then, his voice became softer, but filled with sadness. "I thought you'd be supportive of this choice, but I guess I was wrong."

Rhett gathered his stuff, and walked out. Link sat there, not knowing what to do.

When Rhett got in his car, he drove to his house. When he got home, his kids were still at school and his wife was sitting at the breakfast nook enjoy a nice cup of tea. When she heard the front door open, she got up surprised to see him.

"Hey, what are you doing home so early?" She asked him.

"Well, I told Link about us moving to New York." By the time of his voice, Jessie could tell it didn't go well. She walked up to him and gave a hug to cheer him up.

"It will be okay. He'll come around."

"I hope so." They both released from the hug, and Rhett bent down so they could share a kiss.

*a time skip to after everyone knows and a few weeks after they move just cause I couldn't think of what else to put*

It's been a few weeks since the move. The McLaughlins have been for the most part happy with their lives. Rhett and Link haven't been in contact since Rhett told Link the news. Rhett still hopes one day they'll talk to each other again. He feels like it's his fault they're not talking, and he can't fix it.

One day while Rhett and Jessie were talking in the kitchen while Jessie was making dinner, Locke and Shepherd came in with the iPad opened to a YouTube video.

"Hey Dad, you might want to watch this." Locke told him, handing him the iPad. It was a video Link posted to the main Rhett and Link channel titled, I'm Sorry. Rhett clicked play, and listened to what Link had to say.

"Hey Mythical Beats. So, as some of you know, Rhett left Mythical to move his family to New York for his wife Jessie's career. And he told the crew to tell me was I could do whatever I wanted with the channels. I'll get into that later, but what you don't know is, when Rhett told me, I acted like a real jerk.

I was possibly the worst friend ever at that point, up until now. Instead of being supportive of the decision the McLaughlin family made, I got mad that we would have to end GMM, and all our hard work would be thrown away. And brother, if you're watching this, which I doubt you probably are, I am, truly sorry, for what I said.

And, I've decided to end GMM and here's why. The full name of the show is technically Good Mythical Morning with Rhett and Link. It's not Chase and Link or whatever name you want to throw in there. Also it's Rhett and Link. Not just one of them. I can't do the show without Rhett because it just doesn't feel right. I hope y'all understand. I hope to see you guys around somewhere in the world of the internet, and remember to always, be your mythical best."

A smile crept on everyone's face, including Rhett's. He started to lose hope Link wouldn't come around, but he did. Rhett got out his phone to text Link.

To Link: (6: 25 pm EST)
Hey, thanks for the video you posted.

From Link: (6: 26 pm)
You're welcome. Are you mad I ended the show?

To Link: (6: 28 pm)
No, not at all. That would give you a chance to branch out into something new, like what I'm trying to do.

From Link: (6: 28 pm)
Are you sure?

To Link: (6: 29 pm)
Everything will work out fine Link. I believe in you.

From Link: (6: 30 pm)
Thanks. Good luck with everything in New York.

To Link: (6: 31 pm)
Same to you, but in LA.

After that, Rhett and Link started talking regularly. Rhett started working for a film company in New York, where he would do a lot of behind the scenes stuff, and sometime be an extra. Meanwhile, Link started working with the Smosh crew. Everything all worked out in the end. But the most important thing,

Rhett and Link stayed friends.

Hey, long time no see. Sorry I haven't wrote in like, forever. It's a combo of writers block and school and school activities. I had a vision for this one but it didn't exactly turn out as planed (all because I can't really write arguments) but that's all right. Thanks for reading!
~Tamra