My Bad

"No! Not like that!" Nico shouted, "You'll take someone's eye out doing that!"

"I thought that was the idea!" Sylva shouted back through gritted teeth, insanity dancing in her eyes.

She held the two black whips in her hand but she still couldn't quite learn to control them properly. She had started off with a dagger but when she missed the target someone had laughed at her. So she had tried once again. But, half way through, the shadows had changed course and almost murdered the poor camper. She had swapped for a whip instead so that she could train with a real dagger later with Percy who was the best swordsman in camp.
We had already worked out, that instead of ADHD or dyslexia, Sylva had some level or form of insanity. It hadn't reached a major level yet, but there might come a time when it could become out of control.

As the day drew on, Nico figured something out. The way that Sylva controlled her powers.

"Your anger." Nico told her as they took a break. "Your anger and pride is what controls your powers. Use it. Control your anger and you control your powers."

Sylva thought about it and it made sense, she had fired at that camper who had laughed at her because she was angry that someone would make fun of her. She decided to try one last time before dinner. She turned back towards the target with a light of determination in her eyes. She decided there and then that no one would be laughing at this shot. She got into her fighting stance, legs side by side and the arm holding the whip on her shoulder, her whip behind her. She gave a cry of effort,pushing her whip forward and down towards her hip. As she did this, she took a step forward to give the whip more power. The crack of the whip as it rolled to the end, combined with the breaking of a target ricocheted and bounced off the walls. Hair had fallen into her eyes and as she looked up, the fire still in her eyes, she wasn't sure if she had even hit the center of the target because, as well as half of the targets next to the one she'd aimed at, it had been completely obliterated. Silence ruled the arena as everyone who had witnessed this just stood in shock. Then Sylva stumbled slightly from the use of energy.

"Ho-how did you do that?" Nico stuttered slightly to her in a whisper.

"I didn't know I could." Sylva replied, still slightly dazed.

Sylva stumbled and collapsed on her knees, holding her head and shaking. Nico rushed forward to grab her. Before he could reach her, she cried out, cut short as she dissolved into the shadows of an unknown destination. He collapsed onto his knees, cloaked in the shadow that had just swallowed his sister. A small tear rolls from his eye and his head bows in defeat as an inaudible whisper escapes his lips.

"Not again..."

----------------------------------->>>