Lymorei

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END!! Please read it!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sylva's POV

"What?" Percy turned around in confusion.

"I said 'I know who to ask.'" Alyssa repeated, clearer this time. "And I know she'll be willing to help us if I ask."

"Who is she?" I asked curiously.

"Her name is Lymorei and she'll know what to do." Alyssa smiled fondly as she said the female's name. "She's lives in the lake back at the cemetery."

"The what!?" Percy and I shouted at the same time.

"The cemetery." Alyssa repeated nonchalantly. "Please pay attention."

"Wait, you came from a cemetery?" Percy exclaimed, not letting the subject past.

"For the third time, yes." Alyssa sounded exasperated now. "Do try and keep up."

"Why are you surprised?" Nico commented to me. "You went there."

"All the stones were so broken that I didn't even realise what they were." I defended.

"Can we please get back to the point?" Chiron sighed.

"Right." I took the opportunity to change the subject. "So when do we leave?"

"I'm thinking we should wait until tomorrow." Chiron replied. "It would be smart if you and your new friend got some rest."

"Seems like a good idea to me." Alyssa shrugged and accepted the suggestion before stopping and realising. "Wait. Where am I going to sleep?"

The question caused Percy to quickly whip back around to look at her, eyes shining with so much joy that it made Alyssa visually cringe backwards.

"The Poseidon cabin." Annabeth answered before her boyfriend had a chance. "I'm sure Percy showed you where that was."

"Right." Alyssa replied with a curt nod, warily eyeing her brother.

"So that's settled." Chiron spoke up. "Perhaps you should head there now and drop off your things." The centaur indicated the bag still slung over my shoulder as he said this.

"Right." Alyssa repeated, hand moving to tighten her grip on the strap of her bag and, with Chiron's dismissal, the two children of Poseidon left to head to their cabin.

~/•\~

Alyssa's pov

"So this is our cabin." Percy introduced as he opened the door and walked in, heading straight towards the only unmade bed in the entirety of the room. "Feel free to crash on any of the other beds."

I just nod in response as Percy collapses on his bed and I set up my things, dropping my bag on the bed across from my brother.

'What should we do now girls?'

'I don't know, how about we just draw.'

'Yeah, might as well have fun while it lasts.'

So I began rummaging through my bag, pulling out my scrappy pad and over-worked charcoal pencil. From what I could gather, not a lot of campers made it back from these things. Sitting down on my bunk, I wondered what I should draw, I was so bored. Looking around the cabin for some sort of inspiration and my eyes finally came to rest on the peacefully sleeping Percy.

'Why not? I can always give it to Annabeth as a gift or something.'

>>>-<<<

I wasn't even half done drawing when Percy started to toss and turn in his sleep, mumbling things I couldn't hear. I slowly put down my drawing stuff and crept towards him, scared if he should accidentally lash out or something. I crouched down beside him and played with his hair, attempting to calm him down. These actions were unsuccessful and the terrified movements were beginning to get worse. Finally, I snapped.

"Percy wake up!" I shouted over his frantic thrashing, unable to stand seeing him in pain anymore. I shook him in an attempt to bring him back into the waking world. "PERCY WAKE THE BLOODY HELL UP!" Percy shot up in bed, gasping and sweating.

"Annabeth!" He shouted as he looked at me, engulfing me in a gigantic, crushing hug. I couldn't blame him for mistaking me for his girlfriend, he mustn't have been able to see much more than my blonde hair through the tears in his eyes and that were now trailing down his cheeks.

"No Percy, it's Alyssa." I corrected him gently. He let go and then took a better look at me. He wiped away some of the tears like he was ashamed.

"Sorry you have to see me like this." He managed to choke out between tears.

"I'm your sis mate, I can see you in whatever mood, whatever state and it won't change that fact, nor will it ever make me less proud to be your sister." I reassured him with all the warmth that I could. He just nodded his head, unable to talk. "Now do ya want to tell me what this is about, or nah?"

"I should get this off my chest." He said, calming down now. "But it's not your burden to bear."

"I'm your sister, mate, and if you don't tell me then I'll be bearing the burden anyway." I replied confidently. "I lost one brother like this, I ain't loosin' another." Percy must have been in too much pain to notice my choice of words and how much I was suddenly talking to him, and he gave in.

"You know you're extremely stubborn when you want to be." Percy chuckled slightly.

"I've been told of that, yeah." I laughed, still shaken from Percy's sudden outburst and rambling in order to cover up my fears. "And they think it's a bad thing, if it annoys annoying people, then you're doing it right." Percy chuckled again, this time a bit louder and with more confidence. He took a deep, shuttering breath and spilled it all out. Everything that had been haunting his dreams since Tartarus. He told me about Tartarus and how he would have died without Annabeth.

"Wait a minute." I stopped him when he mentioned that Annabeth went through it to. "Annabeth went through this torture as well?!"

"Yeah." Percy seemed slightly surprised and frightened by my sudden out burst.

"Sorry, mate." I mumbled an apology. "Continue." Percy finished and by then, he was in tears, I let him just sob into my shoulder as we hugged. I wasn't sure how long we sat there for, but Percy eventually stopped crying. The cogs in my head had been turning since Percy had begun his story.

Alrighty girls, we have a job to do.

"This isn't right." I muttered. He just lifted his head and looked at me confused. I jumped up from my seat with all the energy that I had, startling Percy out of his wits. Not only because of my crazy actions, but also because he's never heard me speak more than a couple of words. "I HAVE A GREAT INJUSTICE TO CORRECT!" And with that said I left behind an extremely confused Percy to wonder about what could possibly have happened to his sister to make her act so strange. I, however, did not stop to think about my actions and reactions, I just kept on running. There was something that I needed to do before we were booted out of camp.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

A/N: Sorry if Alyssa's outburst seems sort of out of place. Her character hates seeing others in pain, especially those she feels a certain level of responsibility over, including family.

Anyway, the different fonts used above, all in italics, represent the different voices in Alyssa's head.

'The first voice is in italics, that's Alyssa's thoughts while she's talking to the voices.'

'The second voice is underlined.'

'The third voice is in bold.'

I hope this all makes sense! Feel free to ask questions if it doesn't.

~ACW