Big House Meeting

Nico's POV

'SILENCE!!" Chiron really did need to shout it this time. All the cabin leaders were shouting at each other. For the first time in my life, I was the loudest person in the room. I didn't want to send my new sister, Sylva, on a quest. I was determined not to loose another sister that way. Plus, she hadn't been here that long and hadn't had that long to train, she may have natural talent and skill when it comes to fighting, but that still wasn't enough for me. Sylva was my sister, and there was no way I was going to loose her to some dumb quest. I could tell that Percy felt the same.

"Nico," Chiron addressed me straight off the bat. "Sylva will not be going alone. Alyssa will be leaving with her as well."

"She most certainly IS NOT." Percy jutted in firmly.

"Agreed. I really don't like the idea of her going without me." I supported my friend.

"Or at all." Percy added, standing beside me to face Chiron.

"You boys know as well as I that we don't have a choice." Chiron sighed.

"I don't care." I replied swiftly, my harsh tone implying that there was no way I was letting this happen.

"Nico please." Chiron pleaded with sympathy alight in his eyes. "I know how you feel about this and why, but we really have no say in the matter."

"Once again," Nico stated calmly before emphasizing each word of the next sentence. "I. Don't. Care."

"Hey!" Sylva jutted in with frustration written on her face. "This is my quest, don't I have a say in how it goes."

"No." Percy replied with irritation. "Because it isn't going at all."

"Yes." Sylva continued firmly. "It is."

"Oh really?" Percy asked sarcastically, beginning to turn back to address Chiron.

"Yes, because it's my quest and I want to go." Sylva angrily exclaimed. "And we're going whether you want us to or not, so you might as well help us and give us the chance to survive five steps out of the camp."

"Sylva-" I began, but was cut off.

"No!" Sylva was infuriated. "Don't talk about us like we're not even in the room listening to you bicker about a fate that's already been decided! Honestly, you make it seem like we haven't survived the past 15 years on our own."

Silence filled the room as everyone processed the logic behind what my sister had just stated.

"Fine." I affirmed reluctantly. "It's not like we'd be able to stop you anyway."

"Dam right you couldn't." Sylva ascertained with a confident smirk.

"Yeah, you're right." Percy nodded unhappily looking downwards before facing back upwards at my sister with a small smile. "Sorry for being a little harsh. It's just that we both know what it's like to go on a quest at such a young age and so soon after learning you're a demigod. It sucks. And neither of us wanted that for you. You got even less time than I did to settle in and get used to all this. Neither of you have even had a chance to meet your other siblings yet."

"Wait. What other siblings?" Sylva froze, having been nodding along and agreeing to everything Percy said up until that point.

"We'll explain later." I clarified, stepping in. "Right now, let's focus on the quest."

"Yeah." Annabeth pulled the attention towards herself, having been quietly thinking up until that point. "From what you've told us, the prophecy doesn't give us any clues on where to begin, only that the daughter of Hades has to find a lost girl. And not just any girl, one of sisterhood. That means there's another daughter of Hades out there that Sylva has to find."

"And they're an orphan." I added on.

"Right." Annabeth acknowledged my comment with a nod before continuing. "We could check out all the orphanages near here, but that could take weeks. Plus there's always the chance that the results will wind up inconclusive or that they've been adopted and the prophecy is just alluding to the fact that she doesn't have her biological parents."

"So in other words-" Leo gave a loud sigh and hung his head, "-we've got nothing."

The room dissolved into quiet as everyone raked their brains for any ideas on where to start. Finally, from the very back of the room in the darkest corner came a calm voice that pushed through the silent air.

"I think I might know some one who can help."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>