Hell ~ 3

Sree ran through hell.

The stink of death clogged her nostrils and ash rained from the burning heaven. Her lungs chocked on the rank smoke. Everywhere she looked, fire reigned. In homes, on fields, in the ocean, in the air itself. Everything was burning- and so was she. She felt no pain, just fear. Archaic terror breathed down her spine and chilled her blood. So, Sree ran. She didn't know where she was going, just that she had to get away. Primal panic led by coursing adrenaline was her guide as she scrambled over fallen buildings and dashed between burning oaks. She ran until her legs screamed in agony. As she ran, Sree thought she recognized the buildings. After a few more minutes of wild racing, she realized where she was and she stopped. This was her village, Erarld. Her village was burning. She gathered her remaining strength and dashed to her house.

It was burning. Sree fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face. Somehow she knew her sister and father were in there- dead. She crumbled to the ground in a sobbing heap. The flames grew hotter, and the pain came to her, but she didn't scream. She couldn't even speak as the agony of her family's death broke her down.

Then, Sree heard something. Was that... laughter? The voice was getting louder, a foul sound. Sree, trembling, pushed herself up to see where the laughter was coming from.

She saw her. A woman, her hair and dress as crimson as the flames, was walking towards her. The flames seemed to drape around her and darkness pooled under her bare feet. As she came closer, Sree saw her face. Her skin was pure white, her lips stretched into a sharp sneer, and pure evil drifted in her eyes. The lady reached into the folds of her scarlet dress and, with a fluid motion, drew out a sleek dagger. Sree's teary eyes widened in fear and she struggled to get away. But the lady, racing with impossible speed, snatched Sree up by her throat. The woman smiled as she raised her dagger.

"You can't hide," she crooned. Then she sliced the blade down and plunged it into Sree's chest.
Sree woke up screaming as her room shook.